Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what's going on

@Blueflyer I didn't realise that you are a male. Always nice I think to see men care about animals :). How old is Bindi? She looks very young.

Thanks @utopia but in the outback"my GP" inverts the same person year after year. I got a referral to a psych a few years ago and the first appointment was going to be $190.

That wasn't happening. But you're right. ItO here it won't happen.

Hi @Blueflyer

I understand not wanting to disturb people with your feelings, but I assure you almost everyone with depression feels like a burden and doesn't want to bother people with their problems. Not only that, but the deeper the depression gets the more intense this feeling becomes. So you did a good thing by reaching out now, even if you don't feel like you're "really struggling", because it becomes a lot harder to do later. (I have been awake at 3am, feeling suicidal and thinking I should probably call a friend or something but not wanting to wake them up, which seems a bit silly to me now but made sense at the time).

The joey picture made me smile 🙂

@Blueflyer Hi psychologists are really expensive sometimes which is really frustrating and limiting for people who aren't rich to access services. You can contact lifeline and not be in crisis. Actually a friend of mine who uses them said she found them more helpful to talk to when she wasn't in crisis. So please don't feel like you are not "sick" enough to call. 

Hi Greenpeace, she's about 160 days now. I'll do another sign and measure this weekend.
I'm feeling a lot better about teaching out here too so thanks to all who have connected and commented.

I've been umming and ahhhing about a discovery I made today and if by clicking the reply I did this goes to the wrong place if appreciate a mod fixing it please.

The last few weeks me and the black dog have been getting to be really close mates. But this morning....

There is a thing called a "Paulian" moment. On the road to Amaeus, Paul was visited and his whole life changed. I had one this morning.

I think my down might be called a lack of challenge. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. I have no goal. No target. No aim.

I wonder if things can change overnight?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance