Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Blep
Senior Contributor

Not feeling myself

I just wanted to create a thread for myself to ask some questions and to have a timeline. 

I have been feeling a little off the past week. I'm not sure what is going on but I'm having bad images that pop into my head and the past 2 days I have been hearing music/voices. I am not putting it down to sleep deprivation because I am getting "enough" sleep, well as much as I can with having a 6 month old. I don't know if it is my medication. I have lowered my dose back to normal and that was maybe 2 weeks ago. I guess I should book another appointment with my psychologist and hash things over with her.

Its just really strange. I don't feel bad at all, maybe a little angry but thats it. I just feel like something is not right and I can not put my finger on it. Have you ever felt this way and been right?

@Shaz51 @NatureLover @CheerBear @Adge @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @eth @Former-Member 

and anyone else that drops in 🙂

46 REPLIES 46
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Not feeling myself

Hey @Blep, sounds like a frightening and disconcerting place to be. It's good that you have started this thread and shared your experiences 🤔. I am sorry that you are struggling.

Are you feeling safe right now and is there someone with you? Is anyone helping you with your son at the moment?
Good that you are seeing your psychologist. I am wondering if you could see your GP or prescribing doctor ASAP just to flag your concerns and to assess what is happening. 
Your intuition is telling you that something is not right so reach out to your treating team for support. 

It is admirable that you shared your concerns with us Forumites 💜💚

Thank @Former-Member for your reply. I guess with reaching out on here is alot easier because no one knows who I am but to reach out to my peers, let alone my husband, I crumble. The feeling/thought of burdening someone with my problems is so hard and I've been this way since a child. I know though that I have to open up to my husband tonight because it is only me looking after our child during the day while he works.

So you ask if I feel safe... its hard to answer that question. I am not going to harm myself or my child but I am just very concerned with what I am going through right now.

When I have been through situations like this throughout my life I can usually say to myself "you just need to talk this through with a professional and it will be fine", but this feels different.
Former-Member
Not applicable

It's understandable that it is easier for you to reach out anonymously @Blep. I hope that you can talk to your husband and friends about what is happening as i am sensing that it feels kinda lonely for you right now. 
I know talking to a professional isn't like waving a magic wand and your problems are solved...but I guess it's a start. Have you been able to ring the SANE helpline (or another helpline)? And can you make a Telehealth appointment with your GP today so that you can feel more supported and empowered 💕

@Blep  Hey Blep are you on mood stabilizers? and has the dosage been reduced? that can make a huge difference from my own personal experience. Also over time medications need imho to be adjusted as I think imho that the body gets used to the dosages.  I have found that to be the case for me. I have schizoaffective disorder and need to be on a high dose of mood stabilizers as well as anti depressent and anti psychotics.

Hi @greenpea and @Blep,

Just a friendly reminder about medications and medication advice on the forums 🙂

While we can share our individual experiences here - please check in with your health care professional before making any decisions about your medication and do not attempt to change your medication or dosage without professional guidance. 

Kind regards

Peregrinefalcon

Hi @Blep . I'm sorry to hear about the bad images and voices in your head, and the feeling that something's wrong. 

I agree, with @Former-Member  - would it be possible to check in with your prescribing doctor re the possibility it's the meds?

Hoping that things improve soon...

@Former-Member - I will definitely be booking an appointment with my gp for Wednesday so I can go in and see her. I think I rather see her face to face and tell her what going on than over the phone. I may give one of the help lines a call. Might be nice to get someone perspective on what is going on.

@greenpea - no I'm not on mood stabilisers just an anti depressant. I have perinatal depression which keeps going up and down at the moment.

@Peregrinefalcon - thank you for the advice.

@NatureLover - will be keeping you all posted with updates. Also thanks for the support

Good luck with the GP appointment, @Blep ...

I will keep an eye out for your updates. 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Blep, how are you feeling now? 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance