Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

saltandpepper
Senior Contributor

No smokes or drinks for you

What an absolute co*k of a day.

Fu*k me.

An absolute horse sh*t cu*t of a day.

You know what? It's been a sh*t storm of a fu*king week--weeks even. Far out. You know it's a bad day when by the end of it you can't even have a drink because you know that's just going to push you over the edge. I don't miss cigarettes often, been missing them a lot the past week though. Miss you cigs. Miss you, but hoping with all my strength that I won't see you again soon.

Yep. Yep. Yep. Grrrrrrreat. Great. Great. Great. And done.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: No smokes or drinks for you

Sorry you have had a terrible day @saltandpepper  I hope letting some of it out on here is helpful for you. Sorry I can’t be much help but I am sitting with you and can listen if that would help. 

@saltandpepper so sorry you're having such a rough time at the moment. I hope you can take heart in the fact that you've shown strength in not turning to unhealthy coping mechanisms. We're here with you Heart

@saltandpepper 

I'm glad you came here and vented. I'm not sure if it helped tremendously, I hope it helped take a bit of the edge off at least. Proud of you for not picking up a drink and being aware it would just make things worse. Not everyone has that strength and insight. A job very well done. 

@saltandpepper  It sounds like a really hard time for you at the moment.

Walking with you.

I really hope today has some light in it for you. Sending some 💙💙💙

@Maggie @Powderfinger @Jynx @Eden1919 
Thank you all for the support, greatly appreciated. Feel like I'm getting ready to hit the pause button on everything. It's getting to be too much. A few weeks ago everything stopped, emotions, sense, empathy, giving a sh*t, it all went. Others have described it as "dissociation" and I think yeah, maybe sounds like it. Not feeling things sounds great on the surface, but in that numb state, I also felt no compulsion to stay alive. I was concerned about it and reached out to my psychologist, we got through it, I'm here. It did cause me a lot of concern how easily everything just flipped for me. I'm worries it's heading that way again. Last time was a trauma response, PTSD being fun like that. This time I just feel overwhelmed by the amount of sh*t getting kicked up. It doesn't look like the dust is going to settle and it's probably heading to a place where sh*t is going to hit the fan. I'm not sure I'm capable of coping with it if it goes that way. I'm stronger mentally than I used to be. But this sh*t, all this sh*t, it's too much.

@saltandpepper  I am sorry you are dealing with all of this, dissociation can be horribly uncomfortable especially if it lasts a while. Do you think contacting your psychologist to make a plan for if things get bad would be something useful/helpful? 

@saltandpepper 

Hit that pause button. I think it may be necessary. You can see it's too much right now. It's ok to stop and pause. I know the absolute horrific pain it is to be living with PTSD. I live with C PTSD. Believe me, I've needed to hit the pause button many a time. I think even people with no MI could do with hitting the pause button at times. I'm.sorry I can't be if more support, I can very much say I understand what you are going through. Hitting the pause button may be the first step and avoid things escalating further? What can you pause for now? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance