Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

saltandpepper
Senior Contributor

No hope.

I'm not sure how to get through this. And what even is the point? I know, I know, my son. He's an amazing kid and doesn't deserve an ounce of pain, and all I want is to do the best I can for him. Be alive for him. Be here with him. But sometimes, there's so much pain inside of me, that I want to give in. I don't want to have to keep trying. Yes, Christmas makes it worse. This year is going to be a sh*t storm to navigate. But things here with my family, my partner, it feels like it's falling to pieces. I'm not sure I even understand what's going on. But I know enough, I think. If I'm honest, it feels like things are getting worse with us, there's this distance. I feel like I've done something, or am doing something wrong. I know, I think I know what's going on, same issues around and around again, but I can flip a switch and fix it. And I'm not broken, it's not something to fix. It's learning, navigating, being patient, adjusting to a new normal, and hopefully moving forward. But what if they can't or don't want to? Whete does that leave us? With a lot of distance... and I feel it. And it's new. It's painful. And i feel miserable. I want things to be ok, to be better, and I want to feel loved. I don't feel loved. I don't feel needed. I don't feel wanted. I feel like the only thing I can hold onto is my son needs me to be ok, to be alive. Thats all i can hold on to. And i wish that i could take an easy way out. I wish i could and knowing I can't makes it all the more painful. I don't want to ve alive, and i feel like the only one who will ever miss me is me son. But that's big enough for me to stay alive for now. I never want to do anything to cause him pain. Ever. But I'm hurting and i want to ve selfish. I don't want to be alove anymore. Facing peole, facing what's coming, if I don't have my partner in my corner, if they disappear on me, how? How do i get through life? I don't thijnk i can. Or want to. Just a fuc*ing failure. At everything. With eveyone. Always ducking things up everywhere. I just hate myself so fuck*nh much. I wish i dodnt have to stay alive. I wish i could let go tonight. Its all fuck in f pointless in the end. We live we die, no hig deal. I wish i didn't have to keep struggling. I just wantti guvking die.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: No hope.

@saltandpepper 

If you are feeling suicidal or are having suicidal thoughts please dial 000 or lifeline 131114 or chat at https://www.lifeline.org.au or suicide callback on    1300659467 or https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au

CoVID-19 has caused many challenges and strains this year and Christmas this year will be like no other.

You are not a failure. Relationships face the biggest challenges this year due to the pandemic.

Communication is key. Talk through with your partner what challenges there are for you.

What is it that makes you feel needed and wanted. Can you find activities that will provide some self love?

@jem80 Partner is leaving me. 

@saltandpepper  I’m hearing your pain. I’m really sorry things feel unbearable.

I can hear how much you love your son and partner.

Sending you some ❣️❣️❣️ Wishing I could do more.

I know how you feel @saltandpepper.  I have no words of wisdom which could alleviate your pain but just know that we are thinking of you.  Stay well.  Stay safe.  

@saltandpepper 

I feel for you.

sending you love.

you are loved.

stay safe.

@jem80 @Historylover @Maggie Thank you all. Weve been together more than ten years. And now, over? We havent worked out the details of anything. Just talked this morning enough to know that it's over. I can't believe it. And my son. Putting him through divorce. Breaks mt heart. I always want to protect him and give him everytginf i enver had. I love my son more than anything and it breaks me to put uim through this. I cant really evloeve this is happening. I didn't aee it coming. Maybe i didnt eant to see it coming. Maybe its been thenre a long time. I dont know where to go from here who to turn to. No one. It's surreal. I cant believe this is happening.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @saltandpepper, I'm really glad you've reached out here Heart

I can feel there's so much pain you're going through right now. Experiencing separation from someone you love, too, is an awful experience- I'm sure anyone would agree with that. 

I'm sorry that circumstances are bad enough for you to be feeling like this-  you don't deserve that.

It sounds like you care for your son very much Heart I'm glad you have him as a reason big enough to want to stay alive for now.

I know life circumstances can be god awful but I do hold hope that, with time, anything can happen. I went from a time in my own life of being quite isolated, to now having significantly more connections with tangible love and happiness in my life. It might seem far away or an impossibility, but I want you to know that it can be real for you too 🌻

The links @jem80 shared are good options if you get to the point of feeling more hopeless or if you have concerns for your own safety. We're here with you Heart

Fifteen years for me @saltandpepper and I didn't see it coming either.  Life hurts sometimes.  

There were so many times when I thought life couldn't get any worse - and then it DID!  Time after time.  It made me realize that things can always get worse even when we think they can't so I have to try to stop complaining - even to myself - and work to putting my life back on the right track - rebuilding.  I'm still trying to follow my own advice.  Things get so tough sometimes.  Things can also be good sometimes too.  Just roll with the punches - and keep going!

Thinking of you @saltandpepper 

Mm censorship yay. Can't even say what I need to say. That helps. Feels good. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance