Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Highlighted
Casual Contributor

New mum - social anxiety, constant guilt

Hi all,

I’m a mum to a beautiful 6 month old. Text book angel baby. Me on the other hand, an anxious mess. Since bub was born I’ve hardly socialized, I feel all my energy goes towards giving bub all she needs. Other people just drain me. Ongoing trust issues I feel. I know I have depression, and anxiety. Just have zero motivation, and do feel alone. Hence I am here. Introverts unite via online chat yeah?!haha

If anyone has been in the same boat and can extend a lifeline I’d love some help. 😀

4 REPLIES 4

Re: New mum - social anxiety, constant guilt

Hey @MsBear83,

Welcome to the forums, I'm one of the moderators. Sorry to hear that you're struggling with anxiety and depression at the moment and feeling very alone. Post-natal anxiety is really common for new parents as it's such an overwhelming time even with an angel baby Smiley Happy I can hear you are really looking to connect to people who can relate and I hope you get lots of support here. 

I also wanted to let you know about PANDA (Peri-natal Anxiety and Depression Australia) who have an amazing phone service for supporting new parents struggling with their mental health. I believe they also have a peer support element to their service, where you can receive support over the phone from other parents who have been through mental health challenges in the perinatal period. 

PANDA

https://www.panda.org.au/

1300 726 306

Take care, 

Tortoiseshell 

Not in the same boat @MsBear83 but you're not alone and we wanted to send you some love & support Heart

Thank you, I’ll give them a call Smiley Happy

That’s so lovely, thank you Smiley Happy

For urgent assistance, call: