Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Need to feel grounded

I need to eat some ice-cream and then read. I need to avoid some personal excessive habits leading to self-harm. I read a thread tonight which um, well. OOPS!

Am safe! Just a bit uncomfortable and I've got a slight headache and feeling a little restless/irritable. ah... Anyway...

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need to feel grounded

Hi @Former-Member 😄🌷

Sounds like another difficult night for you. I am sorry 💕

I hope your attempts at grounding worked for you, and you were able to avert any self harm practices.

What is your favourite ice cream flavour?  I like to read too, as a distraction. But my eyes are not as good as they should be. So I now have an audio book subscription.

Hope you are okay sweetie. 

Emelia

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Emelia8 Thanks for your concerns! Yes the grounding practices did work but now I'm tired. Medication review was set up yesterday, will start my new program tomorrow morning, or whenever I'm told to start it, I guess. It should help with a few current mental health problems including insomnia yay!!! I will also find a bulk-billing psychiatrist who can help me a lot more.
I love chocolate ice-cream! I also like mixed flavoured ice-cream.

A toss up between Macadamia and Vanilla ice cream for me

I love ice cream and reading too @Former-Member especially rum and raisin.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance