Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: NDIS info needed

Hi @Lemonjuice  I think it's one step at a time with this at the start of applying for NDIS access.  What I've already told you is quite a process already.  If you get accepted from your first application then the rest of what I have to suggest might not be needed.

Once you get accepted there will be a 'planning meeting'  at which you present your goals, answer a whole lot of questions about the functional effects of your diagnosis (in the same 5 categories as on the initial access request form) and present any futher evidence you've been able to gather.

If you don't get accepted on first applying they will ask for 'further supporting evidence'.  For either of these situations it's really good to have clinical psychologist and psychiatrist do reports for you.  There's also such a thing as a mental health occupational therapist and assessment by one of these is extremely useful.

It can cost a bit to do all this, but if you get a good package from NDIS as a result then it's money well spent. 

Basically all your reports have to stress your condition is permanent and emphasise what the functional effects are on your worse days.

https://saneforums.org/t5/Our-stories/Anyone-started-with-the-NDIS/td-p/157210/page/56

This is where you will find the list of questions you need to be able to answer at your planning meeting.  It's almost exactly what I was asked.  There or p57 is also a link to a booklet you can complete that helps you prepare for the planning meeting.  @CheerBear @greenpea @JasJac tagging you here in case you have anything to add.

I'd like to stress that NDIS might try to do this meeting over the phone but most people say it's much better to request a 'face to face' meeting.  It's great to have a support person if at all possible and they can go to the meeting with you.  You might also try to get a disability advocate.  They are free and a fantastic help.  They're in every state, you can google them for where you are.

That's enough for now.  If you can, please read the thread I linked to above ("Anyone started with the NDIS") as it will save me having to repeat a lot of what is journalled there.

Best wishes, Eth

@eth ok, one step, see shrink.

Btw, saw a youtube video today about aspergers in women, with only a couple of exceptions, I fit into everything.  Maybe I should see a shrink cause I might be wrong about the DID, or maybe I have a mix of issues.

Sounds like a good step in the right direction @Lemonjuice

@eth, @Lemonjuice , @JasJac , @Former-Member 

@Alone, this might be helpful xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Shaz51  but I have tried before but I can't even get on Centrelink disability because I can do basic daily functions without help

Hi @Lemonjuice, I saw that you think you have DID if you have any questions about it I can try to help answer them for you

sending you understanding hugs @Former-Member 

because mr shaz and i are self employed we can not get NDIS or DSP xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance