Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My son is drinking exclusively

Thank you for explaining 😊

hi how are you at the moment it does seem on a path of self destruction im 49 and it hurts everyone has he been diagnosed with any disorder.matee

you need to find out what is making him like that does he have friends a girlfriend childhood trauma if you need some advice i can only domy best as i have rapid cycle bipolar and worn my mum and dad out with episodes and substance abuse is something most suffers do.i hope it helps stay safe dont give up on him.

ramsey phychitrist are taking on new clients books are open again medicare funded but still expensive in these times

hey @ louise50 im not sure how it works just joined to try and help oyher young men before rhey ruin there live aa is not a productive place there nearly all religious based and does not stop you drinking when alone with your own doubts cofussion hoplessness if i can make a difference in one persons life make me feel good and stronger maybe he needs to talk to a neutral non judgmental person and realise some of his issues anyhow you the mum 🥺

no not these kids young adults need a positive influence in there lives not fairytails

Hey Mattee,

Thanks for your message 😊 it seems I have made some progress (fingers crossed) I spoke with my son tonight and asked him if he would come with me to an AA meeting, he said yes 🙌 so hopefully something will resonate with him at the meeting. Are you sure AA is religious based? As I just look at their website and listened to one of the recorded members of their first time going to an AA meeting and it was not what she thought it was (religious).

wishing you all the best 

maybe just what i went to red cross salvation army but if it helps go for it have nothing to loose.i just found with my addictions and substance abuse i had some major shit to deal with personaly it toak me 20 years but i no everyone different,and a meeting twice a week for a hour doesn't do much for a young man.he needs direction focus and hope and i think there is some dentists out there do ing charitable work for the needed if you need anything or a ear yell out..the first step is the hardest big love to you and your son...he can do it..got a good life ahead of him.and to be honest with you the drinking is moderate when he gets 2 bottles of bourbon a night thats where i got to

I have been attending Al Anon for over 20 years.

Addiction is a family disease.

Now I have a 41 year old son who is bi polar. I find attending Al Anon meetings and talking about my mental and emotional stress is a release.

YB
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance