Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Mother's Day

I am very emotional tonight.  After a very emotional session with my DBT therapist I am feeling really down. I just want to cry more. 

Mother's Day is hard for me because my mum and dad aren't talking to me. Not even talking to my adult children. 

I just feel so lost as a daughter.  I know I am a mum; I have a daughter and 2 sons who I know will spoil me on Mother's Day. 

I just feel so rejected and hurt by my own mum; something that I don't know if I will ever forget.

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Mother's Day

Be gentle with yourself tonight @BlueBay.  Thinking of you.

Im not sure if I can be gentle @eth

I am crying at everything tonight.  I think I will take a sleeping tablet and go to bed.

@BlueBay sometimes it's good to just let yourself cry it all out.  Hope you have a good sleep.

Feeling emotional again. I just want this to all go away.

Want to talk @BlueBay?  I'm here if you do.  Hope you're taking it easy and able to let yourself feel your feelings.  It's ok to be sad sometimes.

Not good the last hour.  I have been onto Lifeline chatting online.  Told them i am so angry at my mum; hate her so much, i feel so much bottled up; can't cry, but a build up of so much mixed emotions.  Told them i will sh to 'get back at her' to 'show her' (her is my mum) and for her to feel guilty for what she said to me.

i feel i am ready to run away from everything (well that is what my head is telling me so often) - i dont know anymore; how damn hard do i have to try to get better.

i want to scream so much.

Thinking of you @BlueBay.  Remember we are here.  Keep up with lifeline too.  It's good that you are reaching out.  Have you ever tried screaming into a pillow?  Some people say it's a great release.

Hi @eth

It's just too hard. Thanks for being on here and chatting with me. i feel so alone tonight 😞

@BlueBay  I will be here for a while but I'm really concerned about you getting through the night.  Would you consider ringing lifeline 131114 - it's free.  Talking to someone might be even better than typing and having to wait for replies.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance