Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

HanSolo
New Contributor

Menstruation and Bipolar

I am currently dealing with having that "time of the month" ontop of my bipolar, an diagnosis I have expected for year but only just recently got officialized. I had almost forgot, and apparently seem to do so every month this happens, just how ridiculously awful this time can make me feel, pushing me into a depression I havent had in weeks.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? Or anyone who has suffered/suffering the same thing as me right now who would like to groan in frustration along with me at this? It's a frustration from not knowing whether I'm just not feeling well because no one feels GREAT on their period or if I'm ACTUALLY having a depressive episode because of the imbalances.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Menstruation and Bipolar

hey @HanSolo - great that you are talking about this, I think it's an issue for many. I hope this doesn;t come off overly simplistic, but have you talked to your GP about this? Or your prescribing doctor for your Bipolar diagnosis? You might have options with birth control or something else altogether.

If you wanted to find someone especially understanding you could try a GP at a Women's Health Centre. They don't have them everywhere but if you tell me what state you are in I can tell you how to look them up.

Hoping others will jump in now who might have some experiences to share

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance