Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Making sense of everything

@Eden1919  Journaling is good. It gives us facts to look back over. It helps to see that we are making progress, even though sometimes, it might not feel like it.

You know how much you can manage. A balance between busy and rest if you can manage. Do you have hobbies, or things you like doing outside of study?

Its tricky knowing how much to share with family. But carrying secrets is draining also. Do you have a close friend you could talk it through with? Someone you trust? Or a trusted therapist?

Sending more 💞💞💞 @Eden1919 . Take care.

@Maggie  Sorry for the late reply. I can’t really talk to anyone about it. 

I am now now getting the main side effect I was worried about and now I just want to stop taking it this is the worst one for me and makes my eating issues so much worse and now I just want to cry I hate this and I don’t want to take the stupid medication anymore.

@Eden1919  It’s good to see you.

I might be wrong in assuming the meds could be causing weight gain. I have a ED, so understand the concerns. 

Is there anyone in your suppert team you can talk to about this ? I can hear your frustrations, and I’m sorry it’s so hard. 

I’m sorry listening is all I can do. Often, I wish I could do more.

I just went looking for something lovely to drop off. Sometimes colour helps me.

6F77723E-8775-4D0C-8B88-49BAC4FD334D.jpeg06C98CFA-A598-42D8-81ED-8C9FC86FC605.jpeg

@Maggie  Yeah I have an eating disorder as well and it is that sort of issue it is literally driving me mad and I can’t deal with it. But there is no way they would let me not take this and I am not on a high dose so I can’t even reduce it. I am so frustrated and upset but everyone always ignores my eating issues and I really don’t know what to do. Sorry for the late reply I have had so much study to do lately I haven’t had the energy to be on the forums much. 

You don’t have to apologise @Eden1919. 💞💞

I ‘m presuming you know about the butterfly foundation. They deal with ED. You might be able to talk to someone online, someone who understands how hard it is to deal with. 

I’ll look up some info, unless you would like to yourself. Just let me know.

Sending lots of 💞💞💞 Good luck with you studied.

@Eden1919  Just found the number, so I’ll leave it here if you are interested.

The butterfly foundation National Helpline. 1800 334 673. 💞💞

@Maggie  Thanks I have used them before and it has been mixed, I am really struggling with my eating at the moment and it is making everything really difficult but as well as that I am having trouble with my studies and now I have had two “freak outs” because I keep getting messages that some of the other beings are going to hurt me and and have been hearing stuff a little more than before and everything is just getting very messy. I really don’t know what to do. I just want to focus on uni but that is getting hard. 

@Eden1919  I’m sorry things are getting hard again.

Is there someone on your support team , you feel you could talk to about it ?

What I found helpful with my ED, is to try small amounts on a basis that you can manage. 

I hope you can  focus on your uni studies, it’s really important to you.

Thanks for checking in. I don’t want to be annoying by dropping too many messages, or put any pressure on you.

Take care. 💕💕💕💕

@Maggie  please dont worry you arent annoying or putting pressure on me at all. I am just struggling to adjust back into the uni life mix but i am getting there. i am not sure who i would talk to about it i am not sure i am able to talk much about it at the moment idk it just gets upsetting to talk about it out loud.

i have had another coulpe of panic attacks about stuff but i am trying to get my uni work done inbetween. 

@Eden1919  Yes, I do understand about not being able to talk about stuff out loud. Just do what feels right for you.

Do you have some breathing techniques to help with panic attacks ? 

You are doing such a good job of trying to get your uni work done, while copying with all this @Eden1919 . Know that it is good enough, you are good enough. I do know that’s a hard one to believe.

Sending 💕💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance