Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Rilakkuma
New Contributor

Loneliness

I’m interested if anyone loneliness has as big as impact as it does in my life. I’m not close with my family and don’t have any friends. I don’t feel there is anyone who is there for me to reach out to. It is a very painful experience to say the least. How do others deal with this?

54 REPLIES 54

Re: Loneliness

Feel exactly the same @Rilakkuma
Meowmy
Senior Contributor

Loneliness is common with people suffering mental conditions. There is also a lot of loss and grief. I try to join activities such as craft work and group, occupy myself with good activities.

But it is really hard, when there is not much warmth, emotional nourishment and intimacy in our lives.

hi @Rilakkuma and welcome

also welcome @Meowmy too

i also feel quite lonley and it can be quite hard seeing people that i know out and about enjoying the time with their friends and family when most of my life has been quite isolating including from family.

I try to do the things that i enjoy such as arts and crafts and studying. I also found being on the forums to be quite helpful as well and have formed (virtual) friendships on here that curb the lonlieness. Ive recently started looking into things that might help me to make some friends as well.
Is there something your interested in that you could join a group with like sports, arts/crafts, parenting, gyms or walking groups, volunterring with an organisation? just ideas of course but something to think about

I feel lonely in my illness. My previous classmates and co workers go about their days and lives enjoying and living. While I live my life in a alone journey, struggling with daily mental symptoms and crisis. 

One of my biggest risk factors for a hospital admission! You are not alone in the feeling of intense loneliness, which is complelety ironic

We often feel trapped in our mental symptoms and not able to connect with the outside world authenticly, feel life being wasted and not properly lived.

Not easy to connect.

@starflame how are you going? Hope you had a good day.

@outlander How are you going? Thanks for support. Hope you had a good day.

hey @Meowmy
yes i can relate to watching everyone live their lives while i struggle to scrape by in mine. it can be really tough and you might feel alone but youve got us here and the more you join in with other threads etc youll be able to meet more people. if you like i can introduce you to some other members on a social thread? i know it can be quite daunting joining in.

i am ok for the moment thanks, jsut doing some studies, paperwork and keeping a heart monitor record. how are you?

hi also @starflame and welcome to you too, if you like i can introduce you to some more members as well on a social thread
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance