Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lostandalone
Senior Contributor

Just can’t dig myself out of the hole I am in

I just need to vent and get this all out... I am not looking for a magic fix... I just need to get it out

Why oh why is it so hard to bounce back

as many know... just over a week ago I resigned from a job I had had most of my life.... I couldn't handle the bullying, the victimization and the way I was being treated,so on advice from a union representative I sent in my resignation... two days later I received a letter to say despite me resigning they were terminating me anyway... they also reported me to the registration board and placed a black mark against my name should I try and get another role like the one I had...this has torn me apart psychologically....  all I seem to do is cry... have almost constant panic attacks...  I try to go for a walk to ground myself but have to turn round and come home as I am crying.... every time the phone rings I panic.... an email alert comes in I panic... a message... panic.... 

I have been offered a temporary contract job bu one of the good people I worked with...but just filling out the paperwork is too overwhelming.... 

all I want to do is curl up under the covers and hide from the world.... 

my GP upped my antidepressants... that doesn't seem to be helping.... I have a phsycholgist telehealth session tomorrow... I hope that will help a bit... but I don't hold high hopes

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Just can’t dig myself out of the hole I am in

@Lostandalone wrote:

two days later I received a letter to say despite me resigning they were terminating me anyway... they also reported me to the registration board and placed a black mark against my name should I try and get another role like the one I had... 

@Lostandalone  - am really sorry that this has happened to you. 

I am also sorry to hear about the constant panic attacks. That's good that your GP has upped your anti-depressants...I hope they kick in soon.

Sitting with you in your pain, @Lostandalone ...

@Lostandalone   I’m so sorry all this is happening to you. It sounds very unfair and cruel..

I hope your Telehealth psychologist appointment is helpful today. Sending kind thoughts your way. 💜💜

Hi @Lostandalone,

Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing today. I hope your appointment helped, and that today was a bit better for you. Let us know how you're travelling Smiley Happy 

Thanks for checking up on me @Jynx 

my telehealth appointment helped a bit.... and then I spent the day being dragged around the shops by a good friend... that helped heaps as it took my mind off things.... then I came home and did a jigsaw to keep me occupied... will see what tomorrow brings 

@Lostandalone  Really glad to hear it Smiley Very Happy

gday @Lostandalone

Sounds like a good arvo hey 🙂

Hi @Lostandalone I am so sorry you are going through this. Thinking of you 💜

Hi all

today is not a good day.... I am still trying to dig... but I think I am digging down rather than up...:

surely I should have run out of tears to cry by now... but alas they keep flowing 

I am just such a mess...

I can't think straight... 

I can't sleep properly

i don't want to eat... but I have to

i try to do things to distract myself from my dark thoughts... but I can't 

I feel like my life is a jigsaw puzzle but pieces are missing... or the wrong pieces are in the box and it will just never fit together .... I stare blankly at it... but nothing fits together

i just want to be me again... to smile... to laugh... to enjoy life.... 

@Lostandalone wrote:

surely I should have run out of tears to cry by now... but alas they keep flowing 

I am just such a mess...

I can't think straight... 

I can't sleep properly

i don't want to eat... but I have to

i try to do things to distract myself from my dark thoughts... but I can't 

Sorry to hear all this. @Lostandalone ... 😞

Sending you a warm gentle hug (if that's OK? Please ignore if not), and wishes for some improvement in your situation and mental health soon...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance