Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

It's kind of crazy how the smallest things can remind you...

I was just watching the news, and they mentioned that obstetricians (?) were reporting the beginning of a baby boom, with many, many couples booking deliveries in Autumn next year.. "It looks like people have been keeping busy in lockdown!"

They had an interview with a woman who said that her honeymoon was cancelled, so they decided to have a baby instead.

My only friend told me that having never been in a relationship is a bad sign when you're dating. "Maybe date someone in the same boat?" Thanks for the encouragement.

So yeah, please don't talk to me about other people "keeping busy."

There's no way people can anticipate that, though. I am angry at myself, not people who share their love.

I mean I was watching the highlights of an Adelaide Crows game and remembered that she grew up in Adelaide. I thought we were going to separate by her moving back there, but no. It ended very differently. That's not the fault of the entire city of Adelaide LOL, but it still hurts.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: It's kind of crazy how the smallest things can remind you...

@Former-Member  Our minds certainly are strange things. Small and crazy things can take us to very difficult places and experiences.

I had an experience this week that did just that. Unexpected meeting. Unexpected response.

Anyway, Hearing you about lockdown, babies and wedding cancellations. The future is unknown.

Take care.

Re: It's kind of crazy how the smallest things can remind you...

It sounds like you've had a few painful reminders @Former-Member. For me with situations like this, and I say this with full knowledge that it's way easier said than done, I find it helpful if I can shift my focus to what I do have rather than what I don't, even if it's tiny. Be kind to yourself & take care 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance