Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Tired1
Casual Contributor

It just never gets better

I've never been on here before but feel like I need to talk to people who might get my struggle. I have chronic depression and anxiety and ptsd. I'm 32 and in past 2.5 years i have burnt out from my welfare job, ended my 12 year relationship, moved in with my parents and have travelled the world a little. I've been seeing a counsellor for a while to work through ptsd that I definitely repressed from sexual assault I experienced as a 16 year old. I thought I was getting stronger but have just had a break up with someone who I thought was finally the one for me. This has made me spiral to the lowest points of my depression  and brought up all my past pains - rough childhood, sexual assault, marriage breakdown etc. Mostly the fact that I can't seem to keep anyone in my life. I'm really lost and sinking. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: It just never gets better

Hi @Tired1,

It sounds like a lot has happened for you all in one big swoop of time. I can only imagine how overwhelming that must feel. It is okay to have strength come in eb's and flows - it's hard to ekep strength up all the time! I am glad you have reached out here in the forums, there are plenty of people to chat with and connect with, do feel free to look around at other threads as well. 

Do you have other supports in place like family or a therapist to also help you when times are overwhelming?

Thank you for replying and for the kind words @Lauz. I do have a counsellor and family support. I'm just so tired of the struggle all the time. 

Hi @Tired1
Although our circumstances are different i understand the constant daily battle of mental health.
Im not to sure what to say that may be helpful for you as i dont have experience with most of the things as you except the assault that has led to my ptsd amongst other diagnoses.

I am glad that you have family support and a counsellor. I hope that with their help love and care youll be able to make some positive steps forward.

@outlander sorry to hear about your experiences. Thank you for the kind words. 

@Tired1 . So much going on for you. No wonder you have crashed. And to add a relationship breakup on top of it all, when you've been working on feeling better. Guess it seems you've just been pushed back to the beginning.  But you havent . You are already learning new skills from your psychologist (hopefully).  Maybe some of these skills can help you.

Although having a day or two to cry about it all, is okay. That can also help.

You are not alone when one stress just piles on top of the other stresses. We are here for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance