Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ArraDreaming
Senior Contributor

In isolation

Hey all, life update from me because I have nothing better to do after waiting 5 hours in line to get COVID tested as myself and one of the kids have symptoms and I tested positive on a rapid test (just end  me!). 

I know we have spend most of the last 2 years in lockdown so we should have ideas on what to do but is anyone else in isolation with kids?

10 month old and 4 year old, on day 4 of waiting for PCR test results

Let me know if you got ideas!! Not being able to go for a walk really sucks!

Anyway, how was everyone's Christmas? Before we caught the dreaded lurgy (let's just assume we've got it at this point) we spent Christmas Day  with my partners family.

I loved seeing our kids so happy and excited on Christmas morning especially our oldest. He was very happy knowing Santa had come and told everyone at Christmas that Santa is very dumb (ouch) because he did not eat the cookies (we forgot oops). 

And to top it all off Christmas morning - 10 month old takes first steps, big brown beady eyes and huge smile looking at me, let’s go of the couch and takes two steps towards me.

I missed out on having my protecter and my safe arms for a cuddle when I was little and now I am it for my own kids. I’m the person they look up to. That feeling is indescribable.  

I know most babies take steps and don’t walk for ages but it was more that he looked at me and felt safe enough to let go of the couch and step two steps towards me, and that it was Christmas morning.

He won't do it again now, I say "come over here, dads here" and he laughs. It's like he knew how much that meant to me and will not repeat it haha cheeky monkey 

44 REPLIES 44
Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: In isolation

Isolation is hard @ArraDreaming ! I certainly struggled with it more than just the usual lockdown . Our whole house spent 14 days in isolation after I was a close contact. At least you could go for a walk and get essential supplies in lockdown. Hope you all remain well and the time goes quick for you. I have a 6 yr old and said yes a lot just to get by. 

and your lil one taking their first step- that's super special! 

Well team I’m positive so yeah that answers that question
Bloody hell

@ArraDreaming 

Have you got your goals set for the year?  

Maybe have a think about financial goals, spiritual goals, what you would like to do for peoples birthdays that are special for you, any bucket list items for the year and put calendar reminders in for them.  Isolation is hard, but it can be a gift for organising the year to get the most out of it. 

What have you been doing to keep you busy so far?

@ArraDreaming Good to hear from you.  Hope you do not get a big dose and family stays well.

Gorgeous christmas present from your monkey.

Heart

Some people suggest Grapefruit and lemon peels to boost immune system..

Get some plants delivered and garden in backyard.  Though the weather is all wrong for that ... maybe wading pool...

@Appleblossom @AussieRecharger  
We have been in the little blow up pool the last few days as it is been hot here. 4 yo loves it so we're in it constantly with him in it. 
Youngest one likes it too. That's how we've spent the last few days. My partner went through all our kids toys and bagged up old stuff to give away especially after Christmas they got so much stuff. 
That's it really. 

@ArraDreaming Your Partner sounds like a gem.  How do you show her your love and appreciation?

@AussieRecharger she is the kindest (and also the smartest!!) person I have ever met and I am very grateful. 

Just got results that our 4 yo is also positive, I am so scared about what this will mean long term, are we going to be ok?

This is so stupid and so unfair 😰

Such a little one.

I would be scared too.

@ArraDreaming 

Heart

Some people say that natural immunity is best.  Do all your best care strategies.  Laps of the back yard ...Invent Funny walk laps.  Keep hydrated physical and moving even if you cant get out.  Teach them some breathing strategies so they get the most from their lungs.  Try and make it a game.  Easier said than done.  Thinking of you and your whole family.

Heart

We are worried about our 10 month old, but there is nothing we can do unless we shut the 2 of us in a room together (which we are doing most of the time!) but it’s probably too late now. I’m just devastated right now.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance