Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I need some reassurance

Hearing you @Eden1919 I think it is fine if you wanted to start a thread, and you never know who might respnd and add to the discussion.

I have maintained a consistent attitude on the forum and mods have been alright with it. In that I often speak about side effects and other options, but accept that a lot of people get a lot of relief.  I am med "compliant", but that said, I am given a lot of say over how I up or down a dose. Mostly I go for minimum, given the circumstances. My current gp is making noises, normalising a lot of my responses and I hope to come off my mood stabiliser and reduce AD next year.... slowly. I do not expect medications to solve my problems and saw bad side effects early in my life, so always wary.  

@Eden1919 

Smiley Happy

Thinking of you and Just thought I would share this with you.

When I or anyone else, share this type of thing, if there is no follow up it is easy for the post to dissappear into never never land.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-17/we-need-fewer-hospitals-not-more/11793746 

We need more follow up and less over the top crisisapproach to long tern conditions ... mental and physical.

@Appleblossom  Yes more at home help is always a good thing hospital is never as healing as being at home provided your home is safe and healthy for you to be in. 

Yes @Eden1919 , but that is a big proviso, that home is a good and safe place.  It often is not. It is also often hard to admit that it is not. I have experienced that, but am lucky, or just gotten old enough, to finally have achieved a safe space.

Take Care

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance