Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

I don't know what to do...

SO, remember when I said that it was two years since my break-up? It's more complicated than that.

On February 6, I found out something about her, and I knew it wasn't going to work out. That's when my heart actually broke. I kept that a secret, so we were still cool. On February 26, it boiled over and we stopped talking to each other. As you may notice, that's tomorrow.

We work together on both the morning AND the night of February 26. I am going to die. I hurt my knee, and it is still a bit sore, so I think I am going to be able to justify taking out sick leave for tonight. However, I can't do that for tomorrow night, because I am going to lose too much money at that point. I think I am going to have to stay back tomorrow and Sunday for that reason.

I have healed about 10% since it happened. I don't mean my knee 💔. My biggest concern is whether she's going to remember that it's been two years. In all likelihood, she doesn't care. However, what if she does still think about it, and she brings it up? I don't know if I can handle that, emotionally. Even if she doesn't remember, and it's just like any other day, it is going to hurt.

I am so scared...

Two years is a long time. I get all the cliches, "everyone lives at their own pace", "you just haven't found your people yet", "age is just a number", but let's not be silly...

Update: My manager called me today asking me to confirm whether or not I was going to come in after my injury, so I am going to try and get through tonight, and then ask for annual leave tomorrow. I just doubt my ability to handle it.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I don't know what to do...

Warm thoughts being sent your way. roses 🌹
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member , the old saying that.....time heals...is so true, but, no one knows how long it takes.  You obviously still have feelings for your ex  otherwise it won't hurt as much as it does. I personally think that when you are able to, you need to change jobs.

This is the only way you can heal, you need to have some distance between you otherwise it will keep opening up the wounds. Great idea about taking annual leave.

Deep breaths @Former-Member .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance