Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I cried today

@greenpea  I don’t either. But there has to be a better way. I stopped taking mine. It’s a long story, but I had to walk to the chemist 6 out of 7 days a week. The chemist closed nearby and I stopped taking them. I very tough few months passed, and it’s a rough road, but I prefer it this way. I disagreed with a bipolar 1 diagnosis anyway. On top of that, the psych department gave up on me anyway. 😩😩

@Maggie  Hey Maggie can I ask how did you manage to get out of having to get depot injections? My pdoc said I would have depot injections if I stopped taking my medications. In a way I would love to be off my meds but I know I lose it bi time when i am not medicated correctly.

Hello @greenpea my experience has been similar, more so with antidepressants though. For me it seems like a choice between being emotionally numb or overwhelmed. I don't know where the middle ground is. Maybe that's the whole point with bipolar.

Hey @Maggie @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @outlander hearing you.

more so with antidepressants though.-- same with mr shaz my @frog xxxx

@frog @Shaz51 @Maggie @Appleblossom @outlander  and those I have missed could be antidepressents, antipsychotics or mood stabilizers as I take all three ...  just having a guess is mood stabilizers as you woul think it would make sense that was the culprit.

frog you are right there appears to be no midde ground with this .... it is either being emotionally numb or being totally overwhelmed, as you so correctly put it. xx

I really don’t know @greenpea  other than the dept tried almost everything without success. At the time I didn’t have a psych, still don’t, I have a social worker. I think it’s really bottom line of they don’t know, or don’t want to know, how to treat people with DID and CPTSD. And the possibility that one of my ‘ others’ has bipolar 1. Sorry if that’s confusing. And it is a case of feeling numb or all over the place.

Hi @greenpea
Ive Been on those medication catagories at some point. Im not really a cryer so im not sure if it wouldve stopped me crying if i felt the need to but i do remember one of them (think it was the antipsychotic one) made me feel really weird. Im not sure how to explain it though. It was almost like i was detached from my emotions. I could feel all the emotions but i couldnt react to them. Not to sure if that makes sense. Im much the same as othr though where it either b overwhelmed or be numb

@Maggie  Hey Maggie my mental health nurse said that if I refused to take my medications the police would be called to take me to hospital where I would be assessed and given an injection and possibly a stay in the mental health ward !!!! 😮 this terrifies me. I just want to be left alone and not have the powers that be force me to do anything.

@greenpea  I was reading about the powers that be this morning. Unfortunately they have the say.

I have been taken by the police to hospital, and it is no a nice experience at all. Is there some way your medication could be modified? Maybe a good talk with your mental health worker. I’m guessing you have already done all that though. 💕💜💕

@Maggie  Yes she wont be swayed..... I feel stuck....:(

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance