Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

My life is a massive roller coaster. I was rock bottom on Sunday. Thanks for helping me through that @tyme! Today Im in a really good mood on the verge of mania. 

Even though my back pain is intense I’ve done all my housework and still feel like I could do more. But I need to let my back recover. 

I hope everyone is having a great day 

Hey @Captain24 🙂

I'm stoked you are now able to access the guided service. That's such good news.

The weather is better for me today, so I feel better too.

Any plans for today?

I’m glad that you are starting to feel

better @tyme. I’ve been a little worried about you. Even though I wasn’t online I was following through emails. 

Im waiting to see the GP. I don’t really want to though. I think she is going to see my mood and try to bring it under control! I’m laughing as I type this in the middle of the waiting room!!! Afterwards I think I may go and lay in the sun for a little while if it’s still warm. 

Im hoping the guided service can help! 

What do you have planned? 

Hey @Captain24 ,

MH has its ups and downs. It is definitely not a straight journey!

Yes, I've had some lousy days, but it is expected. I guess when you expect something, when it happens, it doesn't throw you so much.

The hardest part is when something happens that you don't expect!

I'm definitely okay and I know every challenge makes space for growth 🙂

I'll be working for the rest of the day today. I'll be on the Guided Service later 🙂

Woo hoo! The GP didn’t ruin my mood! She has increased the new mood stabiliser and decreased the other one. But she did say if my mood keeps increasing I have to go to the ED. That won’t be happening! 

I rang my nurse after the appointment to update her on the medication change and all I could do was laugh. She asked if I was driving? Yep I was! When I could pull myself together enough she told me she has referred me to a dietitian. So that should hopefully help my completely out of control eating habits. 

It’s certainly not a straight journey! I would love to stay like this though!

I feel like you have an every sensible thought process around your MH @tyme. and your ability to adapt to what is happening to you and around you. 

I hope that I can eventually get a better understanding of myself and be able to adapt. 

Im interested in knowing more about the guided service. I just hope they ring Monday or Tuesday as I’ll be at work after that. 

@Captain24 It's so good to hear about your GP visit and that it went well. It's also great you are accessing the guided service. 

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

You guys are awesome! @hanami @tyme.

I was worried the gp would bring me back down to a stable level but she didn’t so it’s great! 

With the guided service I’m willing to try anything to assist me to become stable and work towards recovery

As for the weekend if I can keep my mood at a manageable level I don’t have much planned other than laying in the sun. My back prevents anything to much

What are your plans?

Hey @Captain24 ,

You really need to get hydrotherapy! Perhaps you and Pix and work together to dig a pool for yourselves.

Hydrotherapy is soooo good for your back. 

Is it a bulging disc or inflammation or something? Seems to flare up quite regularly.

As for my weekend, I want it to be restful.

I might do some shopping in the morning, then sit down to get work done. @Captain24 .

I won't make it a stressful weekend.

I’m so glad you got it sorted @Captain24 ! Thanks @tyme ♥️.

Hope you both have a great, relaxing weekend and I will look forward to chatting next week @Captain24 . I’ll be around on Monday ♥️♥️♥️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance