Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Hey @Captain24 - how are you today?

Hi @tyme.

Sorry I was taking a break for a couple of days. 

Ive been struggling a bit still. I’ve been pretty deeply depressed but not suicidal. I’ve hurt my back really badly again so it’s really affecting me greatly.

Hope you have been well

Thanks @Snowie 

I’m starting to find some strength to get through. I am slowly coming through to the other side. I just needed a little time away. 

Thank you for your support. 

@Captain24 you show so much strength to get through all of this.

Take all the time you need, we will be here for you when you are ready.

So I was on the peer group chat tonight. I’m proud of myself because it’s the first one that I’ve gotten to the end of. My social phobia prevents me from joining in. But today I did it. I guess that’s a win.

I have been able to reflect on how far I have come. I still have a lot to change especially my massive negative self-talk. But after 45 years of it, it is going to take a longtime to relearn. However I’m open to it so I guess that’s a start. 

I have a friend who has just found out that her husband of 25yrs cheated on her. I was able to guide her through her pain and grief. I was able to solely just listen when that’s what she needed. A few months ago I wouldn’t have been able to help. I am so proud that I am able to be the support that she needs. 

I am making a lot of progress even though I don’t always see it. 

Hey @tyme .

I got an email to say the guided service is now available in my area

That is awesome @Captain24 I’m so proud of your achievements so far,

💙💙💙

Oooooooo!!!! That's super @Captain24 ! I hope you get in soon. Do you know how to self-refer?

As for your accomplishment today... wow! I'm stoked! 

Thanks @Eve7. I’ve still got a long way to go but definitely making progress. 

Hope your day goes well and that you enjoy the wedding. 

I managed to self-refer when I first applied. The email said that they would reprocess the previous application and I should hear from someone within 5 days. @tyme

Im pretty stoked too! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance