Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Angels333
Senior Contributor

I am feeling really flakey/ anxiety etc

Hi all I am feeling really overwhelmed today. I can't go into detail about it because it's not helpful for others on the forum. I really don't want to trigger others. But I feel such high anxiety.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: I am feeling really flakey/ anxiety etc

hugs... i know what you mean.. me too.. i have my colouring book out and been doing a couple of minutes here and there just trying to stay present and ok. also trying to breathe properly.

what strategies do you use - they dont compelely help but it gets us through somehow..

here with you 

lj

Hi @Angels333

I know what you mean.  Is there something you can do to help ease your anxiety.

Thinking of you

Sometimes I just go to bed and quietly rock back and forth in foetal position.

Sometimes it is calming things that help and other times it is more energetic (usually music, housework or exercise) that somehow absorbs the flooding of hormones and leaves me more tranquil.  I am getting used to the fact that I just have to manage it .. like everything in life .. I guess.

Hi @Former-Member I am watching tv with my husband and kids it can be hard to stay in the moment, actually, you know what, I could do some colouring.. that's actually a really good idea. I see my psychiatrist on Wednesday and I want to bring up the idea about hospital but I do think that the reality of it may have a n overall more negative effect than positive.

I just feel similar to last week, anxiety makes my exhausted.

Please don't be worried if I don't reply tonight. I feel so tired but I receive so much encouragement reading your comments

I'm thankful for all of you ♡♡

i'm glad you have some company, can you let your hubby know how things are for you? I hope that the colouring helps. I'm exhausted too, its abslutely exhausting in every way to be so on edge/anxious/overwhelmed all the time. i wish that i could have a break too.. ihope that your appt on wednesday is helpful,

take care of you, glad you are here and posting,

LJ

I used to do tapestries .. watching tele with kids can be lovely.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance