Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Helpmehelpher
Casual Contributor

Help

Hello I am fearing the worse for my partner and really don't no what to do??? She is only 23 and the past 4-5 days she has been mentally unstable waking up with cold sweats, hearing voices, crying from nightmares telling these dreams to myself as if they were real, eye shuttering, twitching,holding her breath for long periods, it goes on and on, she is aware that she is not right but won't go to hospital, what can I do from here???

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help

Hi @Helpmehelpher, Welcome to Forum Land. I can imagine it must be super scary seeing your partner struggle in the way that she is. You mentioned that she won't go to hospital. Do you think she would be open to visiting a GP? That is often a good starting point.

I bet some people wiser than me around here will have some other ideas: @Faith-and-Hope @NikNik.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Helpmehelpher
I'm sorry that you aren your partner are going through such a tough time, but im so glad that she has you looking out for her. I'd imagine its frightening for you to see. I was wondering if you could phone the local hospital and they may be able to give you the number of the local CAT team (mental health assessment teams who can come out to where you are and help to make deicsions around level of care needed etc). Or you could at least get some advice from them too.
During the day you could also contact SANES help line or chat to seek some more direct advice too.
I'm glad you reached out here, how are you holding up with it all?
Helpmehelpher
Casual Contributor

Thanks for the advice, how would it effect her if she was to just stay at home with myself, mental health wise??? Is this part of withdrawal or something much more??? Could time heal or make it much worse???
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Helpmehelpher - im not sure anyone could answer that because it really depends on so many different things and what is going on for your partner. I've had difficult times where without intervention of some sort i think for me it would have gotten worse. but i dont know that that would be true of other situations or people who have so much support etc. I think she probably needs some support from a medical professional if possible.

Hi @Helpmehelpher

What you are describing is beyond my experience, but as @Former-Member said, I think calling a CATT team and explaining the problem is a good first step. You need someone who has seen her and interacted with her to help you make those decisions .....

In saying that, we are very much here for you. It's a case of "who is caring for the carer" as well ..... and once you have some answers and your partners health has stabilised somewhat, we have a carers side to the forums as well where you can chat with others who are challenged with supporting mental health issues from "the other side" ......

Please walk with us so we can walk with you ..... you are very welcome here.

F&H

calling a CATT team and explaining the problem is a good first step., how are you today @Helpmehelpher

Hello @Helpmehelpher and welcome to the forum , I have being thinking  of you today

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance