Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Rick147
Casual Contributor

Hear voices at night

Hi,

this is something that has happened for a long time. As I fall asleep I hear and also see things. As soon as I open my eyes it Stops.

also through the night I will hear knocks or someone yell my name which wakes me up.

is this a sign of schizophrenia??

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hear voices at night

Dear @Rick147,

I would recommend talking to your GP about it. I have schizophrenia and it can be very frightening. You could also ring The CATT team or the mental health triage nurse depending on what state or territory you are in, they can be very helpful as well. It may not be schizophrenia, but it is good to get it checked out.

I hope I've been able to help you 

Take care and stay safe, 

Schitzo 

I have experienced similar things over the years. Because my own experiences are not scary or alarming, I don't bother with needing a diagnosis. I too have heard the knocking etc. Sometimes I think perhaps it might be an angelic presence protecting me, by waking me up from dreaming. I also 'see' spiders sometimes when I wake up, very big, fast moving ones on the walls that I know are not 'real' so this also does not bother me. I think they maybe a spiritual guide, when I am in the process of changing personally, a period of personal growth etc. I used to often see 'real' spiders, actual real spiders, whenever I had made a big life decision. And saw them as conformation from the natural world. Depending on your beliefs about the world, you may be hearing things from between different dimensions or times. The veils between the world may be  more obvious to you that to other people. You may be highly tuned in to the natural world. If the messages bother you seek professional advice, otherwise perhaps try and find your own patterns and meanings behind the sounds you are hearing. Best of Luck. Embrace your unique qualities. 

@Rick147 wrote:

Hi,

this is something that has happened for a long time. As I fall asleep I hear and also see things. As soon as I open my eyes it Stops.

also through the night I will hear knocks or someone yell my name which wakes me up.

is this a sign of schizophrenia??

Best to talk to your GP @Rick147 

You could possibility be dreaming too

Good luck and best wishes

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance