Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jaz5
Senior Contributor

Health anxiety help

Hi who's out there with health anxiety? 
I hate feeling like this. I hate the feeling of something wrong with me. I've had it for 6 years but usually well managed I have my days. This time it has come out of the blue about 2 weeks ago 

I went to work and my vision got blurry went away within 2 mins but the light at my work are abit funny other people have problems aswel  so put it down to that but in the back of my mind I've got all crazy thoughts. I hate this feeling I feel sad because it feels like I'm dying. I'm worrying myself sick thinking there is something wrong when deep down I know that but I can't get it out of my mind. Please help I need some coping strategies also to know I'm not alone in feeling all these weird crazy symptoms. 
mom tired from not sleeping well, feel sick most of the time l, feel sad most of the time because of my symptoms, pressure in my head and eyes, muslxe tension in my neck, headaches sometimes dizzy 😫 forgot to add I just don't have energy to do anything like I use to. I'm drained, my jobs stressful even my husband asking for a hug seems like an effort. I'm starting to get cranky at my kids and husband for no reason. I feel like I'm doing a shit job as a mother and I'm not coping due to feel this way. Whenever they talk my answers are very short because I don't have energy to have a conversation with them. 

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Health anxiety help

Hi @Jaz5 

Welcome to the forums - its really courageous and strong of you to take a step like joining this online forum to get support for whats going on with you. I'm sorry to hear things are feeling so difficult. We have a few parents in the forums who I am sure can relate and you should get quite a bit of peer support here soon!

I wondered if you have spoken to anyone at home about this? Do you have a gp you could mention these feelings too for some supportive options? It can also be an added help to chat to a helpline if the feelings have you in a place of distress so I've just listed a few for you below. 

SANE Help Centre: 1800 18 7263 (10am – 10pm)

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

beyondblue: 1300 22 4636

Really glad to have you here and connecting @Jaz5 

@Lauz I just kept it to myself at home I struggle by myself and look for support online I know my husband would support me 100% but I feel stupid worrying about this I’ve had mental health plan in the past and it did help talking very much but once again I feel stupid when I go there because all I do is get upset and cry

I know Iam getting anxiety too

hi @Jaz5 
it sounds like a really tough time for you. I have high anxiety levels too and one of my triggers also revolves around health either my own or that of others.

you meantioned that youve seen a psychologist in the past but you feel stupid for getting upset and crying. I understand your embarrassment but that is also why you are there, so they can help and support you through your tough time. i know its not nice being that way in front of others but they arent judging you. 

do you think youd be ok in speaking to your gp about seeing a psychologist again for a while?

some threads to have a look at here for some strategies may be Coping Box  and Got a coping strategy that you find good? Share it here 🙂  members share their coping ideas and suggestions on these threads (feel free to add in your own as well). everyone is different so try not to be disheartened if it doesnt work on the first attempt or you find the strategy not helpful for you. 

being stressed or unable to cope with your emotions properly doesnt make you a bad person, it just signals that your in need of help and support. Heart

@outlander yes I'm going through a very rough time at the moment. 
I know I shouldn't feel stupid but I do I feel stupid and embarrassed that I'm stressing over health fears that aren't even there. 
I know they aren't but I can't tell my body and mind that. 
I don't know why I get so emotional talking about it because talking does help me through it. 
I think aswel I'm stressed between my job and running a house hold it finally catches up to you and just need abit of time 

some people burst in their sessions as its like a stress release. someone is listening and since you've held it in for so long it all just comes crumbling out @Jaz5 this is actually pretty common and often is a good release as well.

@Jaz5. @Juls5000 , @outlander HeartHeart

we are here for you anytime xxx

hello and hugs @Juls5000 Heart

how are you today my friend

love to hear more about you and what is going on xxxx

hi @Juls5000 and welcome to you
im glad you've found us here, please feel free to create a thread for yourself and continue to join in anywhere you like.
a little forum tip is to put an @ before the members name and itll tag them for you
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance