Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

FreshPrince
New Contributor

Guidance Please

I have an older brother who has struggled mentally for years and never succeeded with anything at life and lives at home with our parents and stays in his room all day. He struggles with depression and anxiety and has come out as transgender which he says he’s suppressed for years. He is on hormones which is making his depression worse and won’t seek help to help his situation - he just relies on Reddit forums. Could anyone recommend any resources or advice on how to assist this situation 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Guidance Please

Hi @FreshPrince & welcome to the Forums 😊 I'm TideisTurning, one of the Peer Support Workers at SANE who you might see around from time to time. Thank you for sharing some of your story with us! It can be hard watching someone you love in struggle and not being entirely sure of how to help. QLife's directory and Transhub may have some useful resources as just a few options, and we also have a live Topic Tuesday discussion coming up for carers toward the end of the month right here on the Forums- you're welcome to join if you can or read back later if you'd prefer. Hope this helps, and I hope some of our carer community will find you soon too! Take Care, 

TideisTurning 💐

Re: Guidance Please

@FreshPrince    hi FreshPrince i have a daughter who is trans.  your brother needs a good psychiatrist and mental health nurse which is easier said than done.  start with his gp and ask about help through the ndis. good luck. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance