Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Neb
Senior Contributor

Freaky Monday

I guess part of this forum will be to establish "trigger" words or whatever....this can be a problem for lots of folks. For me Monday was a bit special. I had an outpatients appointment because of some woman's business. Now this always is a problem for me so I took a trusty pill for super anxiety. It was not too bad, thankfully the nurse was wonderful. It messed up my day but...my mind sort of has a glissade of memories...none good . I thought this was all finished with, but no.....drat!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Freaky Monday

hi nab, good on you for jumping in first here. 'glissade' is a great word, i look forward to using it myself soon! I know what you mean about that slippery slope of negative memories and thoughts ..... distracting yourself with making a list of positive ones can be a good way to fight back against them. Easier said than done, but worth a go 🙂

Hey Neb,

It sounds like you did what you could to prepare yourself & good on your for being so brave! Just being aware of what triggers you & what impact it has, is really helpful.

Have you been looking after yourself today after yesterday being messed up?

NikNik

Yep, survived!

onya 🙂

“There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”  

loopy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance