Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Simona
Contributor

First time in MHU & scared

I want to go home so badly. I don't belong here. I can't distract and I'm not used to so many people. This is making my paranoia worse. I'm not good alone or amongst the other patients. I sit in front of nurses station and I told them I need to go home now. This is not relaxation. I don't want a pill to relax . I want to go home
8 REPLIES 8

Re: First time in MHU & scared

Hi Simona

Welcome to the Forum!

So sorry that you are feeling lost at the moment and wanting to go home. This must be a difficult experience for you and hope you find some support this evening on the forum.  Maybe you could look at the SANE links such as Roads to Wellness here https://www.sane.org/roads-to-wellness

Sylvester

Thank you

It makes a lot of sense to not want a pill to relax. @SimonaSometimes meds help to manage take the edge off extreme feeings so that you can manage your life and find better strategies. Do you have your own place or are you living with your family?

How are things today @Simona?

Do you have an Ipad,Iphone or a book to give you something to do?

Hello Appleblossom : ) Well I live with my partner and three children. He runs a reputable business in town. I hope he will still love me. I'm quite far from them now and I can't leave . Yes I took my first pill with lunch today. It's an anti psychotic . I really miss my family and our little dog

Hello Ivana 🙂 Well I have been waiting to go for our daily walk but there's no one to supervise. So it's boring because I need to move and I don't like just sitting and pedalling on the exercise bike.

Thank you both for the replies! Last night was fun because we had a little get together and I even had coke

Ok. I really ready to go home now.

Do your family have contact with you in the mhu?

A busy ward can be overwhelming, though sometimes there are good group sessions in the mhu.

Absence can make the heart fonder. Maybe you can set up supports for when you do get home.

Go gently with YOU.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance