Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Feeling like crap

I'm back again, feeling like c**p.
I can't believe I'm here again, I just don't know what to do. I wish my life would end and it would be something different.
I just feel like such a failure, I AM a failure.
I'm scared to tell my doctor I'm not feeling well.
Sorry for the whinge, I just need to let it out....

10 REPLIES 10
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Feeling like crap

Hi Bec,

I'm feeling a bit similar at the moment. If you can though do try to reach out to your GP for some help, or even just so someone can acknowledge how hard things are for you at the moment. But you're here reaching out and i dont think that makes u a failure, seems like a strong thing to do to reach out,

here listening,

lj

Former-Member
Not applicable

I can't. I've just gotten over an episode last year and I lost my job last month. I don't even know what I can do. I can't even keep a crappy low level job. What hope do I have for the future? I can't tell my doc I'm not feeling great. I can't admit this. I wish I was like other people....
Former-Member
Not applicable

i wish i was like other people too, but you're actually stronger than other people. is there something you can do right now to help you for a bit, distract from the way things are feeling? like a hot shower or something else?  If you're feeling really terrible would you be able to phone lifeline or something? 

I'm sorry to hear about your job, but just because you're not working at the moment doesnt mean you're a failure.. you might need some help and care right now.. just as if you had a broken leg.. you'd need some help... well thats how people keep explaning to me when i feel like i crap things up somehow and get so low i cnat function...

LJ

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah, I've grabbed a dvd. Good idea.
Thank you for being here. I really appreciate it.
Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm sorry 

hope you get a good sleep and things are ok in the morning,

LJ

@Former-Member Hope you get rest.

Sorry you felt crap.

Judging ourselves is hard and doesnt help.  If you dont feel comfortable with your GP, can you ring lifeline, or find another GP and just put it on the table with them.  They might be able to help you more than you think. Sometimes anonymity helps ...

Take care.

Oh @Former-Member 

I am sorry to hear this but I am glad you have told us how you are feeling

It has taken me a few days to work out what SH is - and I guess you are feeling really crappy - really really crappy

What to suggest? I really don't know - but I guess I can let you know I am listening -

You must be feeling bad - I hope you can get to sleep

Decadian

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member

How are you today? hope that things are a bit better.. or that you've got some support around you today,

cheers

lj

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi LJ,

I am actually feeling a little bit better. And I have a psych appt next week, but I'm not sure if I want to admit I'm not feeling great.

I just wish mental illness was more accepted by society, that I wasn't a pariah for being ill.

That my life wasn't a failure, but that I could be seen as someone who has been suffering from an illness. That I didn't have to hide it from everybody. That I could be supported by friends and family.

I mainly just wish I was never ill to begin with.

Thanks for your support, I really do appreciate it. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance