Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

oceangirl
Senior Contributor

Feeling anxious

I'm feeling a bit anxious. I saw my GP yesterday and I had a very long appointment, I think we talked for 1 and half hours. We discussed what I am struggling with and also my possible admission to hospital. I am waiting to have all my tests done here before they will admit me. My GP said she would give me medical clearance because that is what she thought they needed.

I was still feeling uneasy after seeing her and I told her I was thinking of phoning the hospital to talk to the director or psychiatrist. I got a phone call back today from the hospital and she told me the GP and Psych have reviwed all my notes. And that they will look at readmitting me after I have all my tests done and if I had any questions or problems in the meantime I was welcome to phone back.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Feeling anxious

Hi @oceangirl, That all sounds quite positive. What specifically are you feeling anxious about? Are you concerned about the results of the tests?

Hi @Phoenix_Rising

I am not sure why I am anxious, I think because I feel quite stressed and I bottle up my feeling, I am not really good at confrontation. I am not sure why the psych and GP reviewed all my notes? I just try to let things go and trust the process. I am seeing my GP tomorrow and again on Friday.

@oceangirl may i ask if this is a private hospital? just wondering because perhaps if it is not private that may make you more anxious as public hospitals can be quite scary. 

anyway hospital in general is scary and may be the thought of going back is making you stressed. i could be wrong though. maybe can you do something relaxing to help calm yourself and de-stress. 

@Phoenix_RisingHeart It is a private hospital. Yup you are right. I think most people who have mental illness have trust issues.I am feeling a bit better tonight.

@oceangirlThat was @Eden1919 that asked about it being a private hospital, not me. Oopsy. Smiley LOL

I agree with @Eden1919 that public hospitals are scary. I have only experienced the public system and thus it bewilds me that anyone actually chooses to go into hospital. However, I realise that is because the private system seems to be quite different.

Sorry @Eden1919 I was a bit tired this morning, I was down having scans at 6am this morning.  Thanks for letting me know little turtle @Phoenix_Rising

How areyou both? What did you get up to today?

thats ok @oceangirl I have been a bit anxious today as i may be going to hospital soon myself so sorting all that out has been a big drain on me. 

hi @oceangirl 

how are you going?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance