Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feeling Lost

@outlander 

💜💙💜

Hi @outlander 

Yes - I know - planning our days - let alone our lives - around chronic pain is really tough - and no one knows until they have touched the rough edges of it - and I have so I know only too well,

And then there is life - and it doesn't matter - however hard we try life gets in the way too - 

I am sure you will overcome - it won't be easy though - it never is - I live a solitary life that can be peaceful at times - but then - there is always something going on that no one could factor in.

Sometimes I wonder how I managed life's interesting intrusions when I was working full time - had a part time job - and went to university part time - and ran a household. I did. I remember it was interesting - but sure there were big and small hiccups.

All the best Outlander - I admire your courage

Owlunar

thank you @Owlunar 

i may have damaged the nerves in my hand. the physio thinks i have anyway and the signs are definently there.

i also have a meeting at work tomorrow with my boss and another person because a client has made a serious compliant against me (which is actually quite childish) but now have to go through the steps of that complaint until the client is satisfied.

is anyone around to talk to

Hi @outlander 

That's a lot - having nerve-damage in your hand - I am so sorry about that. Is that where you have the CRPS? What rotten luck - 

I hope meeting you had today was okay - sometimes things just gang up on us - I have had a lot of small issues over the last months - maintenance around my unit - which is Government Housing - so things that weren't done during the lockdowns had to be fixed - and then - the back gate was blown off its hinges in a bad storm.

Still this isn't stroppy people getting to your supervisor about a childish issue - we can all live without that - all the best with that - 

It's not easy being green - I hear you

Owlunar

no i have crps through my foot, leg, hip, face and digestive system @Owlunar

ive taken a couple of days off work. im to tired atm and mentally im not well so the last place i want to be is at work looking after many clients who only want to make complaints

Hi @outlander 

That's a lot of your body to experience pain - that has to be hard to manage.

Taking time off work when you are not in a good headspace is a good idea - as you say - a lot of people just want to make complaints

I have known you for years now and you have always been proactive in doing your best to improve your circumstances - and it seems - often blocked in your efforts by demands made on you by other people.

So - I get it - when people are just there to complain and not do anything useful for their own betterment then you need some space to recharge. I do that - it's necessary.

I have learned that when people suffer childhood trauma then they are more likely to suffer chronic health issues. And it can be generational. My grandfather went to The Great War - the First World War - when he was only 16 and it seems to me that there are many of his descendants troubled with various chronic disorders: pain, CFS, Fibromyalgia, allergies - 

Yet - I ask myself - who can get through childhood without some kind of trauma? Life can be really tough sometimes - 

It's not easy - this I know - so take all the time you need to aid your mental and physical health - it's necessary.

Best thoughts

Owlunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance