Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feeling Lost

Thank you @tyme for being such a great support to us all 

You do an amazing job

Thank you for trusting us @Snowie - it is such a privilege to connect with you.

I don't remember much of the Pirsig book @Appleblossom apart from the journey to reintegration of past and present selves, with a lot of shared wisdom along the way. 

Hello @tyme nice to see you... sorry, I should have responded earlier. 

@Appleblossom wrote:

@NatureLover 

Felt and probably looked like a lost soul most of my life. 

Being on the forums has helped me find purpose, a tribe and an emotional processing avenue. Was more comfortable with typing than speaking.

I am also more comfortable with typing than speaking @Appleblossom . Sending hugs 💙

@tyme @Snowie @Appleblossom @Dimity @NatureLover Heart
sending love to you all

Hi @outlander @Dimity @TAB 

Because they are your unique values that have real meaning (because you’ve defined them) you can live in a way that is true only to yourself. It means that I make good decisions for me all the time. And that helped me start to feel good about myself. 

It took me some time to get my values correctly defined for me. I tweak them sometimes and added a new value 18 months ago with no change in about 5 years. So there’s room to move and it’s probably unlikely you’d get it right first time. But because I’ve stuck with it I can say that my values live inside me.

As to choosing how many? I was given a strange guide. The person teaching me told me to imagine I had a fish bowl. And inside the fish tank are fish. Each fish represents one value. You can only have so many fish in the bowl that you can feed (each fish needs to be fed regularly). That gave me a guide. So it’s up to you.

Hi @Appleblossom 

I’m so glad the forums helped. I agree. The ability to connect on mental health with people who actually live the dream is magic. I especially like bumping into alcoholics, bipolar and anxiety sufferers but am finding more and more that just connecting in this space really helps.

Interesting thoughts re values @Delicatessen guess I have been more in survival mode than looking for a code

Interesting metaphor @Delicatessen especially needing to feed the fish. I kept tropicals for 4 or 5 years. I'll think about it 

im feeling sad and lost for words. i just have no one. i dont really have anyone to talk to and my life is so far from what a normal young adult would have that i just dont fit any where.

i feel lost. i dont know what i should be doing or what i want to do. im really tired but also so bored. i dont know what im suppose to do.

my mental health is going so far down the drain im worried im not going to be able to stop it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance