Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feeling Lost

hi @Dimity
ACT is quite an interesting form of therapy but it did help me in some ways. i use the skills i learnt from it quite often.

Thanks @outlander , that sounds encouraging. 

@Dimity wrote:

I've felt like a lost soul since stopping work (I was a workaholic and identified with my calling).

Hugs to @Dimity , @outlander  and @Delicatessen  for that awful lost feeling... 😞

Hugs @outlander 

@NatureLover 

Felt and probably looked like a lost soul most of my life. 

Being on the forums has helped me find purpose, a tribe and an emotional processing avenue. Was more comfortable with typing than speaking.

@tyme @Dimity 

@Delicatessen 

Thanks to you all

DBT has also been quite helpful to alot of people too @Dimity

I haven't had DBT @outlander but aeons ago when I had a BPD diagnosis (now long past) I had years of intensive psychoanalytic psychotherapy. Much of it spent in painful silence. I remember relating at one stage to "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance*. Might reread it if I refind it.

Greetings @Appleblossom . Not sure if being lost is solved by finding oneself or by being found by other people. But nice to be in good company.

i have BPD too @Dimity can be quite a challange to manage

@outlander just sending lots of love your way sis.

I know how hard things are for you at the moment. Hoping you can find some time for yourself.

All my love 💕💕

Oh @Dimity I love the way you put that.  I have studied and done a lot of psychotherapy, so probably have found myself and now finding people.  I would have lent you my copy of that book irl. I still reflect on the concept of "quality" and the fact that I did have to do motor cycle maintenance in the real.  My current counsellor rides one. She is pretty gung ho.  For me it is a distant memory from teens, but one of agency, learning and meeting people, all sorts (some not so good) and some were friends and family.  Being a girl broken down on the side of the road and being helped out and not picked up was one thing I will always remain grateful for.

Just Hugs @outlander It has been lovely knowing you all these years. Whatever.  Just as you are.

Hi @Appleblossom @outlander @Snowie @Dimity @NatureLover - I have to say I was a 'lost soul' for many years. Connecting with people on the forums has also given me direction and purpose.

Thank you for being my forum friends!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance