Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feeling Guilty

Hi @Magret

The assult only took place 2 weeks ago, so we are very much still going through it. As parents I think all we can do is support her. We need her to know she has the control back. She has reported the assult, which is a massive step for anyone and we are so so so proud of her for that. Even if she decides not to go further she has done what most don't do. My husband and I are taking off as much time off work as she wants us too. His workplace, and mine have been super supportive and have told us just to do what we need to do. Unfortunatley my workplace is in the middle of a restructure and at the end of next week I will probably not have a job... That is intesifying my anxiety no end! At this point I can take sick leave, carers leave etc... and now I am facing the prospect of being in the job market for the first time in 13 years... 

This makes me angry, because I shouldn't be so upset about that when I know what my daughter is going through... 

Anyway, she is having on going medical tests. She is starting counciling and no matter what we will be there when ever she wants us there. Her sister has been going to most appointments with her because she doesn't want us to know the ins and outs - which I completley understand. I know I wouldn't be able to tell my mum either, even at my age. The place she is going to is also looks after her sister, in the sense they provide family support counciling, which my hubby and I will do too once she gets more settled. Its hard on everyone as all we want to do is take her pain away and we know we can't.

Please don't feel guilty about what happened at work. You can only learn and know next time (I hope there is never a next time) you will do something different. The fact is the only person that has done something wrong in this situation is the person you worked with... not you, him. And the sad fact is, he probably doesn't think he has done anything wrong. I'll be here if you need an ear!  

Re: Feeling Guilty

@Bear25, I hope you and your family are doing okay.  Really sorrty to hear what has happened to your daughter.  Have my fingers crossed about your job, i've been through a restructure recently and know how nerve racking it can be.  Your daughter sounds incredibly brave and you should be very proud of her.  🙂 HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance