Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Chris
Senior Contributor

Feel like giving up

I feel like I just don't have the energy to keep going. Not suicidal. No energy to keep trying to connect with people, family. Group work, psychologist. It's all in the too hard basket. Well and truely stuck. My one wish would be for everyone to go away and leave me alone, and that isn't going to happen any time soon. I don't know what the answer is if there is one. I go through this on a disgusting regular basis and I am no closer to an answer. Eventual I start to come out of it but it can take months.. I feel like I don't know what to do anymore.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Feel like giving up

Hi @Chris

I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Sometimes it can be incredible hard when you don't know where to turn, or what to do. Getting the energy to make the effort to talk to people is often hard when you feel so down.

What do you normally do to make yourself feel better in these times, as you mentioned that you eventually come out of it? Do you have any self care things that you do to bring yourself out?

I like to sometimes just take some time to find joy in the little things, read back over cards people have given me, go outside for a walk with my dog, sit in a park and watch the world go by....

Outlanderali

Saw my psychiatrist this afternoon and he want me in hospital for two to three weeks. He said he thinks i have gone into the depressive eposode of bi polar and my antidepressant  is no longer working. So he will change it while im in hospital.

Its a relief really one knowing there is something really wrong.

Hi @Chris

I'm glad to hear your psychiatrist is helping you get some more intensive support and that it's given you some relief. Do you know when that will be happening?

It sounds like a really tough time. I hope some of that energy to connect with others and engage in the things you want to do starts to come back soon. If you just need to vent, remember there are people here to listen.

Hi @Chris,

It seems like you haven't been back online, so I'm assuming you're in hospital.

I'm so glad that it's a relief for you and you're getting the support you deserve.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and I hope you visit the Forums again when you're ready.

All the best,
Nik

I got into hospital within two days, which is really good. I've been here five days now. I have now started the new medication, but i guess  it will take time for it to start to work. 

Thanks for the kind words

Glad you let us know how you are @Chris.

Hope the mhu isnt too difficult a time for you.Take care of yourself while you adjust to meds.

New meds are always fun..

take care of yourself..take the time now you have it..to focus on yourself and getting well again.

Merry Xmas too if your into that sorta thing..

So still getting some side effects comming off antidepressant,  but feeling a bit better in myself.  The feeling of being  totally overwhelmed  has gone. I feel more at peace with myself. I am  in a private hospital with two wings. I am in the newer section with private rooms. The staff are lovely and make sure they engage with  you on their shift. 

I am expecting to go home next Wednesday. My psychiatrist an in house psychologist  start holidays then,so there is really no point being here.  I think that i will be ok.

So the decision to see my psychiatrist was a good one, and to come into hospital. I usually  fight  tooth and nail not to be hospitalised. 

Hi @Chris,

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better within yourself Smiley Very Happy

It's great that you are happy with your decision to go into hospital and that the staff are lovely. Also, that you think you will be okay going home next Wednesday. Have you been working with the staff to prepare for this, or started planning yourself how you could continue to look after yourself? If so, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

Take care,

Shimmer Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance