Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

Family (tw)

I have a lot of issues with my family. I don't how to explain this shit. 

My step-father is dying of cancer. He and mum live overseas. Tonight mum has been telling me of some of their issues. I don't go into details but he wants to send her back home here. She's suicidal. As someone who's suicidal, with history of abuse from her ,it's hard to talk her out of it. Like what kid has to council their parent,into let alone to not doing the very thing they want to do. 

I'm sorry. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Family (tw)

Maybe her son should be dead too....

Good thing no nurse tonight...I'm sorry guys

@The-red-centaur  you never have to apologise The-red-centaur. I am sorry that she dumped that all on you. You dont need it. Concentrate on getting well.  Love peax

@greenpea I was more being sorry coz I left to hurt myself.

Things are really complicated with my family. I find know what to do.

I'm too scared to reply to mum tonight @greenpea I don't want to get triggered again. If I self harm I can't go for leave on the weekend.

I feel scared

@The-red-centaur  Sweetheart my advice is to not talk with your mother. I dont know the full story between you and your mum but if she is triggering you you must keep a safe distance. Please consider your health and weellbeing first and foremost. Do not talk to her. Block her for the time being if need be.

@The-red-centaur  is there an excuse, real or false that you can come up with to keep her away, ie, that you got a job at another country, or you're renting all the rooms at your place, or you're moving in with a friend, going to move to study, etc.  Or if she knows about your condition, tell her that you are going to hospital or going to a health retreat.

@greenpea I did actually end up talking to my mother last night. She was in a better headspace thank god. The conversation went ok and I wasn't triggered.
@Lemonjuice my mother will be permanently moving back to the country next month now. I can't just lie to her. She knows I've been in hospital for nearly 4 months.

Because I'm currently homeless with physical disability I'm probably going to have to move to back home when I get out of hospital if the accommodation service I applied for falls through. That terrifies me. She won't physically hurt me anymore but it could still be hard living at her roof. She doesn't even acknowledge my gender. And we have a lot of differing views.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance