Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Shaz51
Community Guide

Doctor Jeckle and Mr Hyde

Hi, I am using my wife`s profile , didn`t know if we could make 2 profiles with the same e-mail address ??

I have had Anxiety / depression since I was a kid ,My wife  Shaz51 says  It goes around in cycles .

Sometimes i think I`m like Doctor Jeckle and Mr Hyde, it only takes a couple of bad nights sleep and a day trying to get things perfect at work ( being self-employed ) , and then something snaps and out comes Mr Hyde (Anger).

Some days I don`t want to talk to anyone , or do anything for a couple of days.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Doctor Jeckle and Mr Hyde

Hi,

You mentioned bad night's sleep affects you..have you been checked for sleep apnea?

I have Obstructive sleep Apnea and it can definitely affect a persons mood as well alertness etc..

Hi ivana                  I have my  name down to be checked for sleep apnea, just have to wait for an appoinment

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry to hear that things are feeling so bad, and that the mood swings feel so crazy. I feel trapped sometimes swinging from severe sadness to this numbness. I have depression and anxiety/ptsd. I know meds have in the past made things feel better, and talking to a psychologist. my life is so chaotic though with so much going on im still struggling to keep up. 

I would say if you can talk to someone it might help. Ive been so surprised sometimes but what i've learnt by talking out loud about things with someone who can lead me to understand what is really bringing things up. As well as keeping on talking on here. 🙂 it helps sometimes just to let things out,

LJ

Welcome other half of @Shaz51 Woman Happy

If you are both sharing on the forum and find support maybe that can strengthen your bond and give clarity to your choices.

Anger is a tricky issue to discuss.  Some people, families and cultures seem to let a lot of anger fly about and get over it very easily ... for others it is repressed and can still cause problems in a passive aggressive manner. Part of the trick is expressing it so it doesnt hurt others ... swearing at the hammer etc.

I was taught about anger in an early bout of gestalt therapy sessions and I believe it should have natural outlets. Its there for a purpose ... but hopefuly not to make relationships toxic.

hi , I had an Obstructive sleep Apnea test done but I am just Average , so back to the drawing board

Can Jeckyl and Hyde shake hands and learn to discuss their different approaches and opinions?

wow cn not believe this is one of mine and mr shaz`s Thread @Appleblossom , @s-jay , @eth , @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member 

Oh wow @Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance