Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Chest Pain

@utopia 

Then we are in a similar position. Local Health Services are great when they are run in an ethical manner.

When corruption seeps in then it is different. I know some very dark secrets which they would prefer I keep quiet about. There is money on the table, which I need, but to take it I have to sign a non disclosure agreement. They say this is to protect me. If they were ethical then I would not need protection. I hardly think they are honest when they say it's for my own good and not theirs. So I am not taking their dirty money. I am talking to a journalist instead.

@Orwellian .

Another similarity we have. 

My lawyers are in the process of gathering all my medical records and letters from all my treating team.  My lawyers believe my ex workplace will settle out of court.  I hope so.  Facing court would be hard. 

Unlike you though,  I will take the money. 

I have been on WorkCover payments for 5 years. Because those payments are so low,  CentreLink also give me a part pension.  So I've had 5 years of struggling to keep up with my mortgage etc.  And I've struggled to provide my son with good birthdays or Christmas's. 

I want my ex employer to pay.  If I can't get an apology from them,  for what they did to me. (highly unlikely),  then I want them to suffer with having to pay me for loss of income,  pain and suffering,  etc. 

You sound very strong to be able to say no,  to being paid out,  and by wanting the truth to be told. 

I hope you are successful. 

It may be different if they were offering real loss of income. They are not. The payout is limited to 26 weeks and that has only been awarded 4 times. The offer is 20 weeks. This is for "Unfair" dismssal. I feel that I was dismissed "Unlawfully" as it was because I had a mental disability that they caused. The problem there is I need a lawyer who will take the case. They all start telling me that their hourly rate is more than I live on in a fortnight. To engage them I would be broke, but I guess "Coca Cola" is not cheap these days and is required by urban professionals.

Cynical? Me?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance