Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lilyq
Senior Contributor

Back in hospital again

I finally caved and realised I couldn't cope anymore at home, I was feeling depressed and drinking way to much but still functioning, although getting worse by the day.

I am now in hospital just checked in tonight and now I feel shocking, bored and lonely. I am having flashbacks to the other times I was in hospital and I don't have happy memories.

The only good news is that my family is visiting me tonight when I told them how low I was.

I am just scared that this feeling won't pass.

Please give your tips for surviving hospital when it's such a cold sterile environment.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Back in hospital again

Hi @Lilyq,

Sorry to read things have gotten so bad for you. I think it's good though that you knew when you needed extra support, that you checked yourself into hospital.

It sounds like drinking isn't working for you so at least hospital will act as a circuit breaker. And perhaps getting out of your regular environment for a little while will help you see things from a different angle.

Yep hospitals arent meant to be exciting places but at least you have taken the pressure off yourself a little. It's ok to be bored sometimes. Maybe try taking the pressure off yourself even more by allowing yourself just to be bored. 

I hope things get better for you. Even the most intense feelings always pass. You've gotten through hard times before yeah.

All the best

Joe The Lion

Thanks for the support Joe it's been hard and yes drinking hasn't really been working for me. I am struggling in here with nothing to do. Feel like just sleeping the day away.

Hi @Lilyq
Sorry that you're back in hospital. I've been a few times myself. What I used to bring with my was a colouring book, my knitting and a book to read.
Do you have any hobbies? Can your family bring something in fir you.
It's hard when you feel alone. I felt the same. But after a few days I joined in with groups snd chatted to some of the ladies.
I hope you can find something that will help you.
Take care
BB xx
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance