Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

At hospital...

I'm at hospital reception to get referral for suicidal prevention program, but I'm thinking of leaving cause everyone who is coming in is in serious medical trouble. I'm being ignored cause I look ok, but at the same time, I feel like an idiot.  There's nothing wrong with me at the moment, I don't know about an hour from now, but for now, I'm ok. Stupid thing to do.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: At hospital...

Stay right where you are...:you need help...!it may not be as urgent as some others.. but you need it.... the more you find tactics to delay.. the harder it will be and the worse you will get ( I wish I could listen to my own advice sometimes)
So please stay and get the help you need

It's brave to push through all the messages that you're OK and to seek support because you know you're not @Lemonjuice. Keep going ❤

Hope it's helpful for you. Thinking of you.

They've got me waiting in a room. I've hot a bracelet on me and they are geting the mental health team to talk with me...all for a referral.  Way over the top.  I just thought, I would come in, early morning when there aren't any people, get a quick referral and go home and just use fishing as an excuse to the family.  I should have just gone to a gp, but I worried that they may be connected with my family doctor...not that he would dob me into the family but I couldn't take the risk.  There goes my freaking Sunday.  The thing is, I can't even change my mind now, I am guessing that if I do anything to leave, it will cause them to hang on to me more.  Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!  I had you guys, it's enough. Shit if the family finds out, things are going to get messed up even more.  Just got to stay calm, talk my way out of this.

Take some deep breaths @Lemonjuice. What seems way over the top may just be hospital policy and procedure.

There was a reason you made your way there this morning. You've had so much going on and it seems like things have been escalating for a while.

They may just give you a referral and some extra support. If you are able to identify and communicate what it is you need this is more likely to be helpful for you I hope.

Keep us posted if you'd like

@Lemonjuice I think you are really brave to have done what you did. You got this

I'm back home...thank goodness.  Apparently, the hospital doctors don't give referrals. 😳:face_with_rolling_eyes:🤔  So now I got to go through all of that again with a gp.  She wanted to keep me in but I agreed to allow some community-based service to contact us, and I got out of there as fast as I could.  I'm fine, seriously, it's just that I am dissociating more often, for miniseconds, minutes, and during some of those times, it feels like an overwhelming energy to hurt myself.

Well, I will never go to hospital again for help!  I had two women from the mental health crisis team turn up at my doorstop at 10am this morning!  Luckily, my niece and nephew were asleep.  I asked them as politely as I could and in a low voice, to please leave as my family knew nothing about what I was going through.  I called back and got a strongly accented nurse, that I could barely understand basically tell me a blah, blah, blah, story about how the system works, basically, some of things I was told yesterday about seeing a shrink through the hospital is wrong. I just told her that I was feeling better and wouldn't need anymore assistance.  Never, ever, again!

@Lemonjuice 

Smiley Happy

Glad you are home.

Smiley Happy

I have not found hospitals the best either.  Lots of long stories.  Best I dont go there.

Smiley Frustrated

I do hope that you can find some way to set up a supportive network for you. Keep looking for people in the system outside of hospital.

Take Care

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance