Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Reneeclaire
New Contributor

Anxiety and relationship breakdown during covid

I am reaching out as I am struggling really bad with anxiety and depression. I am currently in Victoria in lockdown and the past year I have been in a long distance relationship with a guy I believe is my soul mate. Being in long distance has been hard as I miss him all the time and I found myself causing little arguments for no reason due to frustration. Then covid broke out. My partner and I planned for me to move to his state- I landed a great job and we planned and told everyone. The day I was going to sign the contract for my new job, my partner changed his mind and didn't want me to move, then wanted a break to then broken up. We have stayed in contact and he tells me he loves me and thinks I'm his soulmate too but just thinks we need time apart. I am extremely heart broken and I am falling into a bad state. I cannot let go of him and begin to think to move on. I am so broken and I don't know what to do. My sleep, my health, my mind and heart are messed up. I don't know if I should hold on or what to do. He seems fine living life happy and I'm stuck in melbourne. I'm so confused and lost 

any advice would be amazing

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Anxiety and relationship breakdown during covid

Hi @Reneeclaire 

Welcome to the SANE forums! It's great to have you here and thanks for telling the community a bit about yourself.  You have shown a lot of courage.

I'm sure the forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection. I'm the moderator on duty right now.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines

Take care.

Whitehawk

Hello I can imagine how lost, rejected and abandoned you are feeling. I can relate. I understand the feeling to hold on tight but not get you needs met. Do you have a good support group of friends or family you can talk to? Lean on emotionally?

@Reneeclaire  Welcome to the forums.

Relationships are hard work at their best, but long distance, and Coronavirus really adds to the complications.

I really don’t have any advice, as I think it’s a decision only you can make. 

It sounds like your friend might have moved on  with their life in some areas, but keeping you in the loop. That sounds a bit selfish to my way of thinking.

Try to take care of yourself. Coronavirus and lockdown is more than enough for anyone to try to cope with.

I hope you have support. All the best.

@SO-SO  Welcome to the forums to you also. It’s good to have you both here.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance