Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Neb
Senior Contributor

Anxiety and panic

I have been riding along on the well worn corrugated road of my life, and am not doing too good at the moment. Got through the women's business at the hospital with a satisfying no sinister findings, have had a flare up of back pain, and now having a weird time with panic attacks ( one blessed thing after another!).

I may have to hook into the peer support as it is really hard to get to see anyone in the psych. Services here, as I am not over the edge or scaring the public.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Anxiety and panic

Hey Neb,
Have you googled peer support groups in your area? Depending on where you are based you may be able to try Adavic (Anxiety disorders association Victoria), they have a great Facebook page and you can inbox the Facebook moderator at certain times for a bit of extra help sometimes. There's also organisations like Grow (declaration of self interest, I am a grower myself), and bipolar babes and probably maybe even groups on meetup. Although I haven't looked at meetup I keep hearing about it....it's great no bad news from hospital, bugger about the back pain flare up though...and as a past anxiety sufferer, I would have mini panic attacks anytime I was really stressed before something big, like a checkup. I think my body had a habit of going "batten down the hatches, just get through the test, procedure, or appointment" and then after I got the all clear I would get a panic attack..totally sucked but luckily learned panic attacks were never actually going to harm me. So in a nutshell, you might feel crappy for a wee bit longer, but should quieten down again over next few days..check out Living with IT by Bev Aisbett too, brilliant illustrator and artist and draws and writes about dealing with anxiety..fantastic little resource if you haven't got access to face to face peer support and for when this forum is not online..let us know how you go...Sandy
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance