Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Am Not Coping

I understand your fears @mudsum It is really difficult having to change those supports - you don't know if you will click with these new people and it also feels like you have to start from scratch with everything again. That would all no doubt be making you feel like you are going backwards not forward and that is also diffiult to have to deal with. You may however find these new supports even better - that is my hope for you Hon. I was so scared of having to move schools but it was the best decision I could have made as I landed in the most wonderfully supported and encouragement environment. I know your sitution with the psych and pdoc change is very different but telling you that because sometimes when one (or two) doors close others open up for us in even better ways.

I do understand that feeling of your safety and trust being stripped away - I very much felt that when some of our mods here left and it left me feeling without a safety net. It took me a lot of time to readjust - I can't say I am totally over it but I have found a way through. I did that by leaning on the supports I do have and my GP was integral to that feeling of safety. Do you have a GP you can lean on throughout these changes?

Trust does however take longer to build up so you will need time there also with these new supports. It certainly is not an ideal situation Hon - especially with them both leaving at the same time - but rather than looking at it as an end of an era maybe look at is as a new chapter in your life with new and different persepectives to work with.

❤️ @mudsum .....

👋💕 @Appleblossom .....

Hi @Appleblossom Lovely to see you Hon Heart How have you been?

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 

Terrible terrible week. Son in hospital. Posted a little about it in thread about losing faith in humanity to gazza.  

Oh @Appleblossom ..... 😳

Take care Hon.  I will go looking for your post.

@Appleblossom 💛🧡💚💙💜 Going looking for your post to Gazza as well Hon Smiley Sad

Oh zoe7 you just explained it all perfectly Thankyou
Balling my eyes up- rolled up in my little Turtle blanket where the world can’t hurt me.

I’m feeling much better yesterday and today. I will be ok but just grief stricken

Thankyou ❤️💖🌈
Hope everyone is keeping safe and seeing sunshine just for a moment if their day
Highlighted

Nice to read you are doing a little better the last couple of days @mudsum These huge changes in your life can take time to process and deal with so give yourself that time once you meet the new people. Hope today has been kind to you Heart

For urgent assistance, call: