Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Hey Zoe. I’m a “teacher” I use the term lightly. But I’ve been off work for a while!!! And dropped so much of my studies as wasn’t coping. I have kids of my own but just so sick and tired of little ones. Feel like quitting it all.

Any thoughts

Angel333 how are you going. I find it helpful when I remind myself. Feelings are like the weather. They are ever changing. Or much like the waves, never the same always come and go.

I'm a teacher too @mudsum I had nearly 2 and a half years off but went back to work late last year. It was very badly handled but have landed in a lovely school this year with a very supportive environment. Been working as a support worker up until this term. I am back on class for this term filling in for another teacher who is doing other things for the term. Will be back to the support role next term though.

I didn't think I would get back to it either - and at times it is a real struggle to get thrugh each day - but am gaining more confidence again and actually loving my job.

I cannot say that will be the case for you though - we are all different - and it must be so much harder with kids of your own. It is a demanding job and certainly takes up so much of our time - and having a MI on top of that is extra hard.

Do you have any idea what you would like to do instead?

Hi I just sent you an email.

No idea what I would do other than this.
Kinda just feel a bit stuck. I think If I stick it out I’ll be fine once my kids are not the similar age as I teach but it’s damn hard work!!!!!
Just dealing with flashbacks, triggers and homelife I have nothin left to work.

Job at the moment. Had a couple of breakdowns and it’s not the type of job where that can just be replaced quickly or just go home half way through the day cause your sick.

I can’t stop and go to nothing but no motivation to move to anything new.

This week got told both my psychiatrist and psychologist are finishing up in sept!!!! Both at the same time. I’m dying!!! I can’t belief I’ll loose both key support people in one go.

I was reading other people talk about their professionals are the only people they share life with. My psychiatrist has been my rock solid!!! I tell him everything!!! Now I will have what feels like no ones

Sorry not dying!!! Just feels like my insides are squeezing out from under me

Is there someone replacing your psych and pdoc @mudsum? Is there some kind of transition in place for you. If not might be a good idea to request that so it is a little less hard for you to begin working with new people.

I understand that rock situation - I have had a team around me that have been the same - especially my GP. It takes away our sense of security when these things happen and makes us wonder where the future will lead. That is really hard to deal with.

The job is full on and leaves little time for anything else - or too tiring on most days. You have to be switched on the whole time and I certainly hear you about beeing able to get through each day as it is not the type of job you can leave when you feel like it or if you are not well.

Have to head off now @mudsum But been nice to see you here tonight. Hope there is someone else around for you to continue chatting with. Take care Heart

Yep you explain it alll so well and affirm me. Thankyou!!!!!
Thanks for your sharing. It’s of great encouragement to me! And for writing justbhow I feel.
I’m lost. My safety stripped away.
Yes both have transition plans but that just triggers all my fear of abandonment and trust issues,

It will work out
I’m sure of that some how some way and I’m some time

I understand your fears @mudsum It is really difficult having to change those supports - you don't know if you will click with these new people and it also feels like you have to start from scratch with everything again. That would all no doubt be making you feel like you are going backwards not forward and that is also diffiult to have to deal with. You may however find these new supports even better - that is my hope for you Hon. I was so scared of having to move schools but it was the best decision I could have made as I landed in the most wonderfully supported and encouragement environment. I know your sitution with the psych and pdoc change is very different but telling you that because sometimes when one (or two) doors close others open up for us in even better ways.

I do understand that feeling of your safety and trust being stripped away - I very much felt that when some of our mods here left and it left me feeling without a safety net. It took me a lot of time to readjust - I can't say I am totally over it but I have found a way through. I did that by leaning on the supports I do have and my GP was integral to that feeling of safety. Do you have a GP you can lean on throughout these changes?

Trust does however take longer to build up so you will need time there also with these new supports. It certainly is not an ideal situation Hon - especially with them both leaving at the same time - but rather than looking at it as an end of an era maybe look at is as a new chapter in your life with new and different persepectives to work with.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance