Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Always the darkness

Hugs to you all, too @Zoe7, from a much brighter bookish. 💚 I hope you get some sleep later, too. (I'm still terrible at that whole sleep thing.)

I have improved in that area (not of late but will get there). Goodnight swetheart. Will check in with you tomorrow 😘 @still_bookish 

Good morning @still_bookish Heart Off to do some shopping for Mum then a road trip with my fur babies to see her, Dad and my sister. Will check in with you again later Hon Heart

Leaving this for you until then...

Buy birthday boy flowers rainbow gift box | Order birthday flowers online

Thank you, @Zoe7, and good morning. I hope you enjoy your family time today. 💚🌷

Managed to get a bit of the shopping done - both for my Mum and some for christmas @still_bookish I will need to head out again tomorrow to go to Spotlight and grab a few things at the supermarket but that won't take long. Might even go to the supermarket this evening if I am feeling okay. Have been to visit Mum and Dad and my sister - took both Toby and Clover. Clover is a bit more wary now she is older but started to come out at my sisters to talk to her cat. When she was really little they played together but she hasn't had many visits since. I have no doubt with more time they would get along still but it is all a bit new for her at the moment. 

Need to rest for a while now - my head is hurting and I am achy - it has taken a lot out of me today. Still need to pace myself and continue to recover. Going to try to get some of the work done I need to tonight if I can so I can have a complete rest day tomorrow (apart from the shopping). 

What have you been up to today?

Hi @Zoe7. As you can tell, I’m still a 🐌 when it comes to drafting (and redrafting and redrafting) posts. Worse now, probably. I’m glad you got some shopping done and got to see your family. I hope they are all doing well. I love that you took Toby and Clover with you. It’s great that that’s an option. I hope you feel a bit better after some rest and that tomorrow is more rest than chores.

I’ve been up since 5am. I had to clear the chasmanthes from the front garden and do the watering before the sun was up too much. Then I changed the bedding and did two loads of washing. I’ve spent the rest of the day working out what I need at the shops tomorrow. Another 5am start, to be at the supermarket at 6am. 😔 There’s loads of COVID in Victoria so I only shop every few weeks and go at the quietest times (ie. Sunday 6am). I hated shopping before but now there’s an extra (very heavy) layer of anxiety. Anyway, I’m going to do a reasonably big shop and hopefully that will mean I don’t need to go again until after xmas. Also, the mask mandates are being lifted here for retail soon, so that will make things even more unsafe. Sorry. That was a boring little rant. My world is very small.

Wishing you a restful evening with lots of Toby and Clover snuggles. 💚

haha not slow just thinking... Smiley Very Happy @still_bookish 

I too like to go early or very late if I can to do my shopping. Avoiding people, queues and waiting around is good - can understand your anxiety. Whilst we have been very lucky here in Tassie, with the new strains, borders soon lifting and I feel a lot of complacency down here we are no doubt going to be hit by COVID in the near future. 

The visits today were nice - did not spend too much time at Mum and Dad's then my sisters but I think they were pleased I was there so that is a bonus. My sister and I did decide we would all go to her place for christmas. I did offer but it is easier for them if it is at her place. They all live close - and my fur babies travel well so another road trip for us. I don't mind - means I don't have to clean my place or cook lol I can also leave when I have had enough so that is an added bonus 👍

You have done heaps today - reminding me that I need to get out into the garden (but that can wait). I might see how I feel tomorrow as it is supposed to be a nice day - some gentle gardening, out in the sun and fresh air (with fur babies helping of course Smiley Tongue) might be just what I need.

Time to feed said fur babies - be back soon Smiley Very Happy

I'm thinking, yes, but also very much 🐌-paced, @Zoe7. My anxiety-brain is always racing but it makes everything take so much longer. And I keep forgetting to click the like button (which isn’t the like button any more) so you know I’ve seen your post and I’m working on a reply.

I’m glad you’re happy with the christmas plans. Lots of wins there, particularly being able to leave when you’ve had enough. Is it usually a good (reasonable?) day for you? Busy? I’m sorry, I’m sure we’ve talked about it in the past, but my memory is so bad. I hope it is a good day and not too tiring, especially with the driving. Yay for road trips with the fur babies. Too bad they can’t share the driving though. I can just see Tobes with his sunnies on, one paw on the steering wheel, other little elbow perched on the door (window down), breeze blowing through his fur. 😁

I really hope COVID gives Tassie a miss (as much as possible anyway).

Any get together with my family can always become tricky @still_bookish but it has gotten better over time. I am quite happy to walk away from any issues and not deal with it - that then becomes theirs to deal with. The last couple of christamas' have been really nice though so hope that is the case this year. I don't feel as anxious about those days now so that is progress.

Tobes may not be able to actually drive but he does sit in the front seat with his paws on the door, looking out the window Smiley Very Happy When we get close to either my sister's or Mum and Dad's he starts to do laps of the car making little woofy sounds - he knows where he is and gets soooo excited Smiley Tongue

BTW I like 🐌 Bookish Heart ...any Bookish is okay with me Heart

Sorry @Zoe7, I was away from the computer. I hope you’ve been able to rest up a little and are feeling a bit better.

I had a feeling things may have been a bit tricky in the past (but I never trust my memory—it fails me too often). I’m pleased to hear that your anxiety has reduced a little around family gatherings and that you’ve even had some nice christmas celebrations. Being able to walk away, or just go home as the case may be, is such a good thing.

Your description of super excited visitor Toby made me smile. Thank you.

Sometimes I think to myself, ‘I wish Edie liked to travel in the car; we could go out for a drive’ then I remember how hard it is to leave the house and I’m just grateful for her company right here. 🙂

Thank you for accepting me in all my snailishness. 💚 I’m so glad to be here talking with you again. 🙂 Thank you for being you. 💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance