Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

WillowBlossom
New Contributor

ACT psychiatrists taking patients?

Hi. My previous post was taken down because it breached anonymity rules. I'm not sure whose anonymity they breached, but I'll try again, hopefully breaching anyrhing.

Does anyone know any Canbera/ACT or even closeby NSW psychiatrists who are taking new patients?  It should be possible to respond to this without giiving out any personal info. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ACT psychiatrists taking patients?

Hi @WillowBlossom 

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry about the delay in your post appearing on the forum – it looks as though it got picked up by the Spam filter. It sounds as though you may be having difficulties finding a psychiatrist who is currently taking on new patients. Unfortunately, the forums are not really the context for seeking referrals for a couple of different reasons. In addition to detailing that identifying content must not be posted, the Community Guidelines also discourage the posting of material that might be seen to promote any commercial interests – this means that directing people to an individual practitioner would be inappropriate. I hope this makes it a little easier to understand.

I wonder if you are familiar with the search function on the Your Health in Mind website? It permits a number of refinements and can be used to search for psychiatrists who are in private practice.
https://www.yourhealthinmind.org/find-a-psychiatrist

By the way Willowblossom, some new members like to post here in this thread to introduce themselves – maybe that's something you'd consider yourself?

Re: ACT psychiatrists taking patients?

You can also ask your GP. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance