Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hi @greenpea How are you?

My staples came out yesterday (which hurt), it's been sore since.

I have to change the wound dressings myself, until a nurse comes to check on me (Wednesday).

The last nurse was aware that I have wound fluid discharge.

It's got much worse today, so I may have to get a Dr to look at it.

I'm still wearing my Gee Wiz pressure waist band, that feels like a straight-jacket.

Adge

Thinking of you @Adge  Found this

adget.jpg

And saw these:

220px-Tawny_frogmouth_wholebody444.jpgThinking of an ex forumiteThinking of an ex forumiteRavens not crowsRavens not crows

Nice ones @Appleblossom Lovely pictures.

A Tawny Frogmouth, & a Raven.

Adge

@Adge  this has been such an ordeal for you :(. Are you still on antibiotics? Please don't hesitate to see the doc about the wound. Am very worried about my friend finch xxxx

@Mazarita @Adge @Appleblossom @Zoe7 @BryanaCamp @eth @CheerBear @Exoplanet  good morning to you all and all that pass through on this beautiful Tuesday morning :). Went for my walk with neighbour. She kept up with me and went up a huge hill too :o!! She said she has been walking every morning since the 1970s and it shows. When I compare her to my mother who is the same age it is like chalk and cheese. Even though my mum has always exercised but carries alot more weight than neighbour.

Hope you all have a super day today particularly Adge, take good care of yourself my friend. Love greenpea xxxx

It is really great that you have a walking partner @greenpea It will encourage you to do it every day as well so that is an added bonus. Hope you have a great day little pea Heart

Hi all and good morning @greenpea @Zoe7 @CheerBear @Adge @BryanaCamp @Exoplanet @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @outlander @frog   Hope the morning is ok so far and today is one of the better ones.

@BryanaCamp  Good on you for the job applications.  I've been on DSP for so long that I wouldn't know where to start.   Nothing to add to my resume for over a decade, plus it all has to be done electronically nowadays.  By the way I live in my brother's back yard so am reaping the benefits of their decision to put in a pool.  At least I will be once I get over my serious aversion to cold water!

@greenpea  sounds like you've made a new connection with a walking buddy.  Hope that turns into a nice friendship.  My cold seems a bit better today thanks - hoping it's really on it's way out and doesn't go to my chest like the last time I had one.  Had a couple of  total rest days so am planning to go to water tai chi (warm pool) with SW today. 

@Adge  good to hear you got your staples out, not so good about the discharge.  Hope you can get to see a Dr today.  I still can't believe they sent you home so soon and with no support.  

@Zoe7  Hope your PD day goes well today.  I got a couple of significant things sorted yesterday but still haven't done my filing.  Oh well, I kinda know what's in which pile!

@Appleblossom Heart

Have a good day @greenpea

Well-wishes for everyone.

Adge

hi @eth , thanks for your encouragement. it's nice you are so close to family. I live alone with my cat & it's great mostly but sometimes it's lonely. hope you have a lovely time at water tai chi, what a great thing to do! hope your cold is getting better.

hi @greenpea your neighbour sounds like such a cool woman, I have an aunt in her 80's who swims every day and I so admire her. it's so lovely the two of you have connected.

hi @Zoe7 hope have a good day with PD & look after yourself.

Has anyone come home from the psych hosptial? my brother is in the uk & just been sent home from psych ward but I'm worried he's very socially isolated with no socail supports. he's got a home care team visiting & wondering if anyone knows what the deal might be with them? i hope he can get some supports organised with them & sees them as helpful, I worry he'll just think they're the enemy. thanks for listening anyways, it's a bit stressful & frustrating i can't visit him.

Everything with your brother would be stressful @BryanaCamp and even more so that he is so far away and you can't visit him. I suppose all you can do is hope he accepts the help being offered and stays on his meds. 

PD is over and I am home earlier than expected. Tuesdays are usually my longer day but as I am not at school I don't have a meeting this afternoon. It is kind of making this a shorter week for me as well - only 2 actual days with the kids and the grade 6s are away on camp so that reduces what I have to do as well. Putting me feet up for a while here before I do a few household chores. Toby is snuggled with me too Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance