Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

I'm going to watch some telly too @Zoe7 .  Sweet dreams x

Goodnight @eth Sweet dreams to you too Hon Heart

Yes, I came close with a Gardening application (about 8 months ago) @Zoe7 

I was 2nd choice at interview.

But I've been out of Hort for 7 years now.

Plus I'm not allowed to do any Heavy Lifting - because my Bowel surgeries damaged my abdominal muscles. So that rules out many of the positions.

People (clients) are not plants - they don't grow lovely flowers on themselves (either)....

Hi @eth I admire you for growing such a huge range of vegies, herbs & fruits.

Native shrubs, groundcovers, & trees are my forte.

Plus lots of exotics, because I'm not too picky.

It took me decades to build up my plant knowledge - yet only a few years (of not using it), to lose it.

That really upsets me.

Those pesky customers who used to ask me lots of very difficult gardening & plant questions (& were often rude) - were very good for motivating me to learn the answers.

No one has been asking me questions for years - so I've already forgotten a lot of it.

My plant identification skills used to be excellent - I would see most plants, & go "That's a...." I would know exactly what the species name (& common name) was.

Now I see a plant that I used to know very well - & think "I can't remember what that is"....

Adge

I'm a heritage (old world) Rose enthusiast, amongst other things.

Hello Everyone 🙂

Miss you Mazy @Mazarita  Heart Not giving you a guilt trip, just adding my voice to the chorus of those who enjoy your soul & notice it's absence Heart Hoping everything is whipping up a frenzy of creativity still 🙂 Love you Heart

@eth  I think your brave talking about grief. I've always felt grief & ending were taboo subjects - feelings & thoughts that could only be bottled up.  

Love to all that need or want it Heart

Good morning all  @Exoplanet @Mazarita @Adge @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @CheerBear @greenpea 

Hoping you are off to a good start this morning and that today is a positive one without too much stress.

@Adge   I am sure that your knowledge will return to you one of these days.  I felt like that too about the knowledge I gained through studying and then practising massage therapy for over 25 years.  But I recently massaged a family member (haven't done it for money for several years now) and a flood of information returned while I was doing it.  I wish the same for you.  Keep doing your gardening, visit nurseries, read about it - it will come back because you love it so.  Even if just for your own use.  I'm impressed already by your post telling your areas of expertise.  I studied herbal and botanical medicine for a few years so I think I know how you feel.

Hope today is a better day if you're at work again.

@Exoplanet the forums are a good place for us to talk and share about matters that are hard to deal with irl.  It's safe here.  Hope that your opening up on the grief thread can be a good thing for you. And that writing that poem on the writing thread has helped you connect with deep feelings in a healthy way.  You are brave too!

Good morning everyone.

I hope you have a good day too @eth 

Talking to people who like plants is always refreshing.

Plus Birds (being a keen bird-keeper), & nature...

I have a Hypnotherapy session this afternoon - he always wants me to "set the agenda".

I haven't got any agenda or goal in mind - I cannot think of any....

Adge

Hey @Adge 

I don't know what to suggest re an agenda for your hypnotherapy session.  Sounds a bit tricky to me.  Maybe focus on whatever you are struggling with the most at the moment.  Is you anxiety about impending surgery appropriate?  I've never had hypnotherapy, just always felt it wasn't for me, so I can't really advise on this.  Hope it goes well for you anyway.

@Adge It doesn't take us long to begin forgetting things when we are not using the names/terms for things everyday so I am not surprised you don't have the knowledge you used to have. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for you to build that knowledge up again. Smiley Happy

It totally sucks that you are so limited to what you can and can't do physically - that would certainly affect the types of jobs you could apply for Smiley Sad There is no harm in still looking occasionally though - the perfect job may fall at your feet and you may be able to get out of your present job. I know you hate the work you do and that is no way to try to get through each day Smiley Sad

Hi @eth @Exoplanet  Had a good day again today but pleased to be home now with my fur babies. Hope your day was a good one Smiley Very Happy

Glad to see you after school Bella @Zoe7 

@Adge Sorry to see you doing it so hard these last few months.

Heart

Hope the hynotherapy helps.  I have never had it either.  I guess it might be a protocol in the therapy to have consumer set agenda rather than service provider, given hynotism's potential for misuse ... if you know what I mean.  Even if it feels useless. maybe at least put some of your values or struggles forward to give them something to work with.

@eth So glad to keep hearing from you.

I had a tough day; a bit teary and suicidal plans, but I also spoke to support worker and have safe plans too.  My son has gone to gf and they are both coming back here tomorrow night.  At least I am making the most of the house when I have it ... humpgh cleaning ... as I can get down the other end ... when he is not here.  I will relax more tonight.

I had seen a 2 hour per week job that could have been perfect for me.  Choir Leader for homeless and all inclusive.  I started an application but have pulled back as I dont things will improve in the next few days and am really not well.  The good thing is that I am even thinking of applying. At least I made a clear decision.

Smiley SadSmiley Frustrated

Boxes ticked even if triggered.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance