Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

greenpea
Senior Contributor

getting fit safely

115 REPLIES 115

Re: getting fit safely

Some tips that have helped oceangirl is

1. Drink lots of water

2. Start with small changes (remove one food item) and empty nutrition (cals)(soft drink, juices, wine etc)

3. Be consistent

4. Move more

5. Keep a food and exercise diary

@Emelia8  and all formites are welcome to join 😄

I am using shakes and health bars. No more snacking 😮

Thanks @greenpea 

I have subscribed to this thread and will be following. Wishing you every success. I believe the shakes are a good option and are very effective. Meal supplement = less grocery shopping 😄👍

@Emelia8  welcome my dear friend :D.  I agree with the shakes and the ones I am using really fill me up.  I am sick of being unfit but will take it step by step.  Have you got any exercise ideas for a very unfit  pea?

Thanks for starting the thread @greenpea 

Snacking is a good one

What type of exercise do you like?

Before starting any exercise - probably best to get clearance from your GP @greenpea 

What shakes do you like?

@oceangirl  hi oceangirl :). I am seeing gp tomorrow. I am usining optifast bars and shakes. worked well in the past But it can thin your hair so dont use too long.

@oceangirl @Emelia8  I used to like walking but find it too hot for me atm. Am thinking of getting an excerise bike where I can watch tv and excerise at the same time. What excercise do you ladies like?

I like Pilates @greenpea as a good all-round exercise.  I am wondering if it could be worth your while to book a session with an exercise physiologist.  They could devise a made to order exercise routine especially for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance