Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

jamesle2015
Senior Contributor

anyone have NBN connection?

Not in my suburb yet...

Anyone got NBN ..is it fast?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: anyone have NBN connection?

Hi @jamesle2015

We have NBN Satellite connection and it is pitifully slow, cuts in and out and sometimes doesn't work at all. I find the 4G data connection on my mobile phone to be quicker and more reliable but living rural means oftentimes I have to stand on one foot in the middle of the paddock to get a signal LOL.

My daughter is currently living in the UK and boasts of lightening fast internet connection, download and streaming services... sigh

I have experienced excellent wifi at Australian city airports though; if you are in a major city I think you will enjoy the NBN when it gets to your suburb.  Let us know?

Cheers, B_G

At our old house had NBN was great no problems. Moved to new house have NBN - service drops out. Had technicians out last week still drops out ,though not as frequent.

I've had NBN wired connection for almost a year. I signed up for the slowest speed plan. Don't notice any differences compared to my old ADSL2+ connection - no dropouts, no really noticeable speed drops (noting that I'm not trying to do anything that needs a fast ping or huge downloads).

We got our cable NBN service installed a couple of months ago. One thing I notice is if there are minor power outages (talking just a few minutes), it takes forever for our modem to come back online (talking about an hour or more). For this reason, I am not looking forward to storm season!

Having said that, I've found the service to be reasonably fast. We even have the slowest speed and are able to successfully stream on multiple devices at the same time. Just as fast as ADSL2+ in my book.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance